Poll: your Mom or your Dad?

I am

• Total voters

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'd like to know whether the people here are generally closer to the parent of the same or opposite sex. For example if sons are closer to dads (and daughters to mothers) or if son-mom/daughter-dad closeness is more common here. Or perhaps there's no pattern. :)

Are you closer to your mother or your father? Both? Neither? Any specific reason?

I'm close to them both in different ways. My mum is probably the one person I can say absolutely anything infront of (I'm talking random, silly things, you know) and she wouldn't care. But as a person I'm much more like my dad, we have the same humour, interests, personality-ish, everything like that to some extent... so naturally we have an understanding that I can't really describe, and don't share with my mum. Incidently, my only other sibling, my brother, shares the exact same thing with my mum. They are very similar in terms of personality etc.

So if I had to pick one, I'd choose my dad, I guess.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm probably closer to my mom then my dad to be honest with you guys. My dad makes me angry a lot and that's why I'm closer to my mom. But there's a lot of times that both of them annoy the crap out of me.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
My mother, I can't really explain, it's just that when I was in Serbia, I got really close to her than my father.

But my dad gives me heaps of money and doesn't care if I drink or not but my mother is strongly against it.

LadyPinky

scientia potestas est
My mom. My dad worked all the time when I was little, so just grew closer to my mom. Now that my dad's retired hes home all the time and I'm getting to know him better now.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
my whole life i had always been closer to my mom, but always said that if my parents split up that i would go with my dad, and sure enough they split up and i went with my dad, and we are like.. the best of buds, and my mom and i dont even speak anymore.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
My mom definitely gets on my nerves quicker and I identify more with my father, but that doesn't mean I'm closer or farther to either one. I want to say my father, but I voted for both since I trust both my parents equally.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I owuld say that I am closer to my dad. We have alot of things in common. We both have heart problems. He was the 3rd oldest out of all his brothers and I am the third oldest out of my brothers. My dad passed away and I miss him alot.