• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politician Claims Demon Infested Their Home

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A former Pennsylvania politician who says his family’s house was gripped by evil spirits is sharing new details about the supernatural ordeal they went through in their Pittsburgh home.
Bob Cranmer claims his home was infested by a demonic force that terrorized his family for years before being successfully dispelled by a team of faith leaders and paranormal experts.

‘A Horrific Death-Like Stench’: Family Claims Demon Infested Their Home and Nearly Destroyed Their Lives | TheBlaze.com
I hardly ever read stories like these that are even half way believable but this is the second one in the last month. He may be trying to sell his book but in this case also there was someone from outside the family, Blai a demonology expert, that witnessed shadows moving across the wall when there was nothing to cause these shadows, strange smells plus he was scratched.

Maybe this type of thing happens more than we know. Most people would be afraid to admit it for fear of being labeled a nut. I know when I admited to my experience in another thread I was afraid to do so out of fear of being laughed at.

If you had a experience like this would you be afraid of telling anyone? Do you think this is possible? Have you ever had an experience anything like this?

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I certainly can't say this type of thing doesn't happen but this one seems a little weird. I didn't know there were demonology experts...

However one thing I noticed while reading the bible is that there are not any stories of demon possession or demonic sentences being wealth with over two years. Six months or even a week. Reading the New Testament and from stuff I have personally heard about this happens pretty quick. Demons being cast out happens almost instantaneously if you look at the bible. I may have missed something or just not thought of something of course.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seems like all modern day possessions I have read about it didn't happen quickly. Maybe during biblical times they were doing something different or these demons are getting stronger. I don't know since I am not a expert on the bible.

Laine

Registered Member
The story says his family found playing cards and his childs toys in crawl space that had no access... no access? how did he find them there?

He blames his childrens bad behavior in and out of the home on a haunting? He blames that he sent his son away on a haunting?

He was attacked, it made marks on members of his family, it made his children "evil"? and he thought staying in the house for all those years was wise?

I must say I feel like this is 2 things. One, he wrote a book and is trying to sell it. Two, he has 2 spoiled children and needs to blame someone, or something...

It is not that I do not believe in haunting's or things like this because I feel there is something to it all we do not understand. But this man was a politician and now a lobbyist who seems a bit eccentric as far as his career goes and I think this entire story is untrue.

Edit: have spent some time looking over his career and personal life. And am positive this story is not true.

Of the fight that took place where he claims his son was possessed this is from the police records after Cranmer's arrest for the incident:

"Cranmer's wife Lesa and son Charles gave statements to police alleging that Cranmer had assaulted his son, following a dispute over the use of Cranmer's bathroom by his son Robert. Cranmer asserted that his actions were in self-defense, and that his son suffered from bipolar disorder which caused him to become violent"

Another article written a few years ago about his estate where his son claims people would always tell him and his family stories about the property from George Washington staying there to Indians killing a family there. But no mention here of any unnatural or demon like things mentioned by the Cranmer family... seems odd.

Evidence gives support to tales of local history in South Hills area | TribLIVE

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Really doesn't surprise me that there are graves on the property. I find them here where old homesteads were in the 1800's and early 1900's. Some are only marked by rocks.

Just because he got into a fight with his son really doesn't prove it wasn't haunted. Not that I'm saying his claims are true. If the son really was possessed he wouldn't of been a nice person to be around.