Polish president Kaczynski dies in plane crash

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Bjarki, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

A further black page in the history of Katyn.. and Poland :disbelief:

Sim likes this.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I was just about to post this. Being out all day, I just heard of the tragedy. That's terrible. I wonder how it is over there - what protocols used when they're suddenly orphaned.

3. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

Yeah I just heard this when I got up, that's going to suck for the Poles. Hopefully they can get everything back together quickly or they might risk some political unrest and some violence.

4. Sim

Sim Registered Member

A horrible tragedy. I hope that Poland will soon be able to overcome it, avoid political unrest and that conspiracy theories will remain a fringe phenomenon.

A bit that I've seen in the news here in Germany was a quote from a former Polish PM who survived a helicopter crash in 2003 and said, even back then, that "at least when we have to gather at a funeral", the decision will be taken to finally renew the outdated official fleet of the Polish government -- maybe a hint the plane was defunct? Or was it human error on side of the pilot? According to claims, the pilot guides on the ground advised the plane not to land because of fog and instead continue towards Minsk.

Maybe the next days will help to bring to the light what went wrong.

5. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

Just read about this earlier today...my thoughts and prayers are with Poland and its people.

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I am reminded of a news article I read just a few days ago, about the German government buying new VIP planes to replace the old (20 years+) ones. In this article was a quote from former Foreign Minister Fischer (Green Party) about how he "has to die in a planecrash before the parliamant would grant the funds for new VIP planes". Sad Sad story. Hopefully they'll be able to recover from this faster then later.

7. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

yes, This was a terrible, terrible loss and tragedy for Poland and it's people... My heart goes out to them and the families who lost their loved ones in the crash.

8. Interested

Interested Registered Member

I was expecting a more political discussion, but I definitely will resist starting it. It is a terrible loss.

9. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

10. Interested

Interested Registered Member