Police Scanners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Oct 4, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Do any of you have one?

I used to have one but got rid of it. For any of you who dont know what it is, a police scanner is just a radio with an output only function on a police frequency. You can listen in to what the Police are doing via the Radio and Cars.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

My mom has one. She rarely turns it on now, but she will flip it on if there is something going on and she wants more information.

3. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't have one, but I think they are probably kinda neat, I just don't see myself using it more than once to just see what it is like.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Na, never been that nosey to know what goes on in the city. I usually can just walk my neighborhood and get all the police action I could ever want.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

How much are they? I have never had one but it sounds like it would be a cool thing to have, if not simply for a conversation starter. :lol:

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Is it something you can easily buy? I'd get one if I'm planning to do something naughty, just to find out if the police are after me. Of course I don't know how those things work anyway. I assume it's like a radio with the same feed police get in their cars while driving (or it looks like that in the movies, haha).

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I've never heard of that in the UK. I could be wrong though as I'm not a driver. It's a cool idea and I'd definitely get one if I did drive and if they were available here!

8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

You know I have some walkie talkies that are multi channel I might be able to pick something up on because I can get the truckers channel 18 clear

9. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

I've scanned through a few channels before to try and decode their lingo. Police channels would be downright impossible to understand though.

10. ItsMagick

ItsMagick Registered Member

I've played around with one before, they are interesting to say the least. If I had one though I would probably use it once and never look at it again though. :p