Police Scanners

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Do any of you have one?

I used to have one but got rid of it. For any of you who dont know what it is, a police scanner is just a radio with an output only function on a police frequency. You can listen in to what the Police are doing via the Radio and Cars.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I don't have one, but I think they are probably kinda neat, I just don't see myself using it more than once to just see what it is like.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Na, never been that nosey to know what goes on in the city. I usually can just walk my neighborhood and get all the police action I could ever want.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
How much are they? I have never had one but it sounds like it would be a cool thing to have, if not simply for a conversation starter. :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Is it something you can easily buy? I'd get one if I'm planning to do something naughty, just to find out if the police are after me. Of course I don't know how those things work anyway. I assume it's like a radio with the same feed police get in their cars while driving (or it looks like that in the movies, haha).

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've never heard of that in the UK. I could be wrong though as I'm not a driver. It's a cool idea and I'd definitely get one if I did drive and if they were available here!

Blueyes

Registered Member
You know I have some walkie talkies that are multi channel I might be able to pick something up on because I can get the truckers channel 18 clear

R1pperZ

Registered Member
I've scanned through a few channels before to try and decode their lingo. Police channels would be downright impossible to understand though.

ItsMagick

Registered Member
I've played around with one before, they are interesting to say the least. If I had one though I would probably use it once and never look at it again though. :p