Police arrest man after he allegedly posts violent anti-cop rant on Youtube

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rapier, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Rapier

Rapier Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

http://thedailyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080627/NEWS01/80626052

Rallying people to celebrate the shooting of police or pretty much anyone puts a person up front and personal as a potential victim of his or her own idiotic behavior. Not unlike riding a bike too small for you in the middle of the street.

The police could have done much much worse without anyone being the wiser.
    But they didn't.

Plus

Youtube doesn't let me see the Soupy Sales stripper video and this video is/was O.K."

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008

2. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Those are some bullshit charges. That's all I have to say about that.

3. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Haha stupid fool.. Maybe after a group of 20 cops beats his teeth in he will think about the virtue of this freedom of speech.. 'It hurts less when you keep your mouth shut.'

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't really know what to think about this. I want to call freedom of speech and say that he was not doing anything wrong. On the other hand, his threats sound quite ridiculous and pretty hateful. I wouldn't be too pleased if I were the cops either. I mean, he's telling people to kill cops and saying how great it is at the same time. Yeah, I don't know what to think here.

5. ExpectantlyIronic

Probably not. He'd probably just laugh his ass off when 20 cops got locked up for assault and battery, while he got to go free (the charges brought against him are all bullshit, like I said) and sue the city for damages. The law is the law, after all.

6. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

exactly.

Arresting a guy for this is about the same as arresting a guy for quoting Bible verses against homosexuals or someone holding a anti-government sign on the side of the street.

I don't see it as a slipperly slope argument. There's no slope here, just a flat plain. If it can happen to this guy it can happen to you if someone in power doesn't like what you are saying.

7. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Well, the stupidity here is astounding. The guy deserves to sit in the cage for that, but the Philadelphia police have thought themselves to be above the law for a very long time now. While I understand they have lost friends in the line of duty, the list of cumulative charges is a reach. His message is vile and perpetuates violence, but I'm sure he isn't the only ass on the internet spewing moronic hate.

If he is stuck with a public defender I bet he eats everyone of those charges too.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Sometimes just because you can say something in public doesn't mean that you have to.

9. Rapier

Rapier Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm sure the old TV adage "monkey see, monkey do" also applies to YouTube.:shocked::nod:

10. ExpectantlyIronic

We can take a little a vote in this thread. How many of you would kill a cop if you saw some douche on YouTube telling you to?