• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Polar Bear Mauls Woman at Berlin Zoo

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The catch? She climbed the fence and entered the Polar Bear's habitat without permission. You can't really feel too sorry for her:

BERLIN, Germany (CNN) -- A polar bear attacked a woman at Berlin Zoo Friday afternoon after she climbed a fence and jumped into its habitat during feeding time, police said Saturday.

One adult polar bit her several times after she plunged into the moat, police said.

Zoo workers tossed rescue rings toward the woman to hoist her out and distract polar bears swimming nearby, said Goerg Gebhard, a Berlin police officer.

At one point the woman fell back into the water and was grabbed by a bear before she was eventually hoisted to safety.

"They saved her life," Gebhard told CNN.

The woman was severely injured and was being treated at a hospital, police said.

It's unclear why the woman entered the bear habitat, but police issued her a citation for trespassing.

Berlin Zoo is home to Knut, the first polar bear to be born there in over 30 years. The bear became a huge talking point in Germany when his mother gave birth to him in December 2006.
Polar bear attacks woman at Berlin Zoo - CNN.com

There is a reason they are caged up. Personally I'm just glad they didn't shoot the Polar Bear. It's not the bear's fault that somebody jumped in. He probably just thought feeding time was going to be extra special today.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It was funny, I was having a pretty deep conversation with Nosferatu last night about 'saving people' and how life seems to lose meaning if we try to save every single person. That's another topic though. Then I saw this article and thought, "Why should we feel sorry for her? She trespassed into a polar bear's habitat and gets mauled. What else should she have expected? If I stick a knife into an electrical socket, I know exactly what's going to happen to me.

Unless this turns out to be accidental or some other circumstance, I just can't feel bad for idiots like this.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Maybe she was from PETA and wanted to 'save' them.

Not only was it stupid going in the the habitat in the first place but she went in during feeding time; that's just asking to be eaten IMO :rolleyes:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Maybe she was from PETA and wanted to 'save' them.

Not only was it stupid going in the the habitat in the first place but she went in during feeding time; that's just asking to be eaten IMO :rolleyes:
Yeah, sounds like a suicide attempt to me, too. If she was there to save the polar bears, I think she got their answer.

:lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
1. I adore polar bears but I don't think I'd ever attempt to be that near to them. What was this woman thinking?

2. This story reminded me of the boy who managed to tresspass one area in the zoo to get close to the animals and kill them.

3. I wonder if she'll sue the zoo. :hah:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
If she sues the zoo, she should get the death penalty.

And by death penalty, I mean shot in the face.

A bit harsh? Maybe, yeah, a bit. Okay it is, but damnit that would be more than angering.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Too bad Darwinism didn't weed her out. She would have been a perfect candidate. "Wow, those polar bears look cuddly and fuzzy, I'll go pet one"

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Screw shooting her in the face, throw her back to the polar bears if she sues :lol:

johnnyb82

Registered Member
We take the bear out of its natural habitat. Stick it in a shitty cage so everyone can stare at it. Then a dumb bitch climbs into its fake home and it tries to eat her. Kinda makes you wonder if humans really are the intelligent life forms on this planet. What makes it worse is there are people out there who blame the bare for following its natural instinct. If the bear was still chillin in his crib where we took him from no one would be mauled.

Nibbles

meep
Same happens here. Tourists will actually get out of the jeeps and attempt to reposition lion cubs to snap a better photo. It proves warnings and high fences can't keep idiots out.