• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poland's military spending spree

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Conscription is tons cheaper than volunteers. Also with Russias economy the pay is lower than conscript pay would be in the US.

Well if nukes are used then it wont matter who wins - nobody will.
But you are totally right about costs. The Russian version of the F-15 costs tons less than the US version and it has all the same perks. And mostly all the military gear in Russia is tons cheaper to build. Its only the imports that are expensive.

Also theres been a lot of issues in the US. The most recent example is the F-35 stealth warplane (looks very similar to the F-117A btw).

Pentagon

Now they are scrambling to upgrade the B-52 bombers. Like the Tu-95 the B-52 is still one of the most epic warplanes ever designed - despite its issues with wind on landings.
Imo the F-35 is a huge and hugely expensive Fail.

And dont forget if we had better US-Russia relations all that massive military spending could be used for other more important issues - like nuking IS.
With a all volunteer military you get people that actually want to be there which will give you much better personnel.

Even if we do start getting along very well with Russia I still wouldn't want our military capabilities to fall behind. You never know what the future might bring.

I think nuking IS would be a bad idea. That radiation will spread and you will kill innocent people.

Why do you think the F-35 is a fail?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
With a all volunteer military you get people that actually want to be there which will give you much better personnel.

Even if we do start getting along very well with Russia I still wouldn't want our military capabilities to fall behind. You never know what the future might bring.

I think nuking IS would be a bad idea. That radiation will spread and you will kill innocent people.

Why do you think the F-35 is a fail?
I think the F-35 is Fail because most of the US Military thinks its Fail. Ive been reading articles at the military sites and they know tons about aviation. My favorite site is FoxTrotAlpha. They have had lots of articles about the issues with maneuverability and all the other problems. The latest issue is all about fuel temperatures.
The F-35 Can't Run On Warm Gas From A Fuel Truck That Sat In The SunÂ

All those issues are why the Pentagon is upgrading the B-52. They want those for backup since the F-35 is unreliable atm.

About conscription - theres pros and cons. One of the pros is that if a conscription country is ever invaded then most of the population is already trained to fight. Thats not true in countries with volunteer armies. And yeah the career soldiers may have other incentives but the most important incentive is staying alive. Soldiers need to be very skilled to do that.

About nuking IS - just joking but I totally do wish they would all disappear.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the F-35 is Fail because most of the US Military thinks its Fail. Ive been reading articles at the military sites and they know tons about aviation. My favorite site is FoxTrotAlpha. They have had lots of articles about the issues with maneuverability and all the other problems. The latest issue is all about fuel temperatures.
The F-35 Can't Run On Warm Gas From A Fuel Truck That Sat In The SunÂ

All those issues are why the Pentagon is upgrading the B-52. They want those for backup since the F-35 is unreliable atm.

About conscription - theres pros and cons. One of the pros is that if a conscription country is ever invaded then most of the population is already trained to fight. Thats not true in countries with volunteer armies. And yeah the career soldiers may have other incentives but the most important incentive is staying alive. Soldiers need to be very skilled to do that.

About nuking IS - just joking but I totally do wish they would all disappear.
That's sad, they need to fix the issues with that jet. Painting the fuel truck white is not a fix.

I think anyone would have a hard time overtaking the US. If they do people learn fast how to protect themselves and unlike some countries many Americans are already armed.