• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poker legend dies at 56 :(

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't watched enough poker to know who he is so I feel like I missed out now. Hopefully his family is doing well and I wish them the best.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
I can't belive Chip died! I really really enjoyed watching him as a player, and I learned a lot from him. I credit him for my entire first semester of college. (He taught me how to play ;)) He was a class act for Poker, this bites.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
That's too bad. Looks like plenty of people loved him (even some who game him lots of their chips). I've heard of him before, but I don't watch poker all that much, except when the world series is on, in which case I might.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Maybe its just me, but I found it impossible to read that article without humming "The Gambler" song by Kenny Rogers. I mean didn't that guy's life just seem like the perfect personification of that song. Seemed like a cool guy, definitely.

Jefferycowen

Registered Member
that sucks a lot! he was such a good player and apparently one of the richest players according to andy bloch