• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Pokemon

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
Yes I know alot of people here are most likely going to say " You still play pokemon?" I do infact still play it sometimes, and the games aren't that bad. Maybe a little overly used but fun just the same.

They aren't exactly kiddie games anymore either. There is much more to raising a strong pokemon than busting through the Elite 4 until you get a Level 100. There is a concept called EV's and EP's which are in turn called Evolution Points and Values. In order to get a strong Pokemon you have to determine which pokemon it would be best to defeat.

These concept's are what make battling now. Any kid could just raise a Level 100 and win, but with these new ideas and ways to raise pokemon, it has become much more than just a kiddie game.

I for one enjoy a good battle. Knowing there is no perfect team out there and always new challenges. If you afraid to admit you play, well you shouldn't be playing. If you want to know more, ask questions and I should be able to answer them.

For those that know about this, give info that you have so more can learn. I am only one man.

***This is for EV training***

An EV is a hidden value within each pokemon. You never know how many you have until you actually max them out. EV stands for Effort Level or Value. It is the sum of 4 EP's(Effort Points).

When a Pokemon battles a certain pokemon, it gains a hidden number called an EP. 4 EP's = 1 EV which in turn gives +1 to any stat point that the Points were trained in.

Let's say you battle 1 Zubat. Zubat gives 1 EP towards the Speed stat. Battle 4 Zubats and win against them with the same pokemon, and you gain +1 Speed stat.

It all matters in the end. Since we have an online guide of which pokemon give what points to which stats, we have been able to manipulate the system and cause certain stats that we want to grow. In an example, slow moving Slakoth. You can have him battle zubats and raise his speed values significantly in order to make him faster than other Slakoth's.

There is a restriction to the number of EV's you can get. The restriction is set at 510, but each individual stat can only go as far as 255 EPs. If you divide 255/4 you will get an answer of 63 with the remainder of 3. So we generally max out a stat at 252 just so we can save those 3 precious EP's.

What this means is any stat you want can be modified to be able to increase by 63 EXTRA stat points. Which makes a huge difference in the end.

This little(yeah right) explanation is scattered and fraid due to my lack of recent Pokemon Knowledge. All these things I have said are true, but if you still have any questions, feel free to ask me anything that you might want to ask. I shall answer to the best of my knowledge.

S

SOAD2k8

I hate to admit how much money that I have wasted on pokemon stuff. I have a HUGE bin in my basement with all my pokemon stuff in it, and sometimes I just break it out for nostalgic purposes.

S

Sorayoushi

And here we go again with the pokemon topic. It's not that I'm ashamed of it or anything. I still play now and then. It's not that bad but it just gets boring after a while. I mean like you beat everything trainer and then all you needed to do was to catch every pokemon. Well, that's just gets boring after a while... unless you're really determined to catch every pokemon... Anyways... it's not such a bad game. Hey Seph, can you give me the sight for EV cheats?

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
There aren't EV cheats. EV's can only be manipulated manually.

If your bored and want some challenges in battles...head to netbattle for pokemon matches.

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
I liked to play the games but I am still holding out for the all encompassing pokemon game that has Kanto-Johto-Hoenn in it

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
You'll be holding out for a bit. I doubt that is coming out at all. Unless it's a DS game, but I dunno.

S

Sorayoushi

I might want to restate that... I was wondering if you could give me a site that tells which pokemon give which EV points. Oh and Henskie, that pokemon game with all three regions will be lots of fun! I really don't know if it will be made though... But anyways, it would be one heck of a wild game.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I used to play the games I really like Gold version I was hooked on that game lol. But don't play it much anymore or even think or look at pokemon anymore.