• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poisoning of alcohol during prohibition.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was Christmas Eve 1926, the streets aglitter with snow and lights, when the man afraid of Santa Claus stumbled into the emergency room at New York City's Bellevue Hospital. He was flushed, gasping with fear: Santa Claus, he kept telling the nurses, was just behind him, wielding a baseball bat.

The little-told story of how the U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition.
I just ran across this story which is from 2010. I had no idea the government ordered industrial alcohol poisoned during prohibition because it was being stolen by bootleggers. The result of which many people died.

Crappy of the government to do this. They knew people would drink this stuff. Prohibition was such a failure. All we got from that was a much higher crime rate and people dieing from bad alcohol. Not to mention that because alcohol was illegal there was little help for someone that had a drinking problem.

Thoughts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States