• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Podcasts vs Radio

James Borbath

I am curious to hear people's thoughts. I have noticed that within the last two years and the last year especially that I listen to podcasts over traditional radio almost exclusively. I was never big into music so my main use of Radio was for Sports and talk formats. Just curious if others are as into the podcasting world as I have become. I obviously do some of my own that is likely part of my obsession with them. So chime in with your thoughts.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really only listen to Stone Cold's podcast. I've heard some of Colt Cabana's and Chris Jericho's but that's about it

I usually go the radio route. I switch between ESPN Radio and the hard rock station we have in town.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
The Millz said:
I really only listen to Stone Cold's podcast. I've heard some of Colt Cabana's and Chris Jericho's but that's about it

I usually go the radio route. I switch between ESPN Radio and the hard rock station we have in town.
Same here. I usually go the radio route but that's just I barely even listen to the radio or to podcasts. If I come across an interesting podcast on Twitter, then I'll listen to it. Usually, I only listen to the radio when I'm driving or after a game.

James Borbath

Oh and one other thing regardless of your consumption level. What do you like about the podcast format in comparison to traditional radio? Or don't like as the case maybe.

willge87

Registered Member
I listen to podcasts that are typically retrospectives of old TV shows where they go through each episode and discuss whether they liked it and discussed any issues from those episodes that compelled them. However, I still listen to the radio often enough. I also listen to quite a few audiobooks.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I'll be honest I wasn't into podcasts as much until I got the offer to be on one my friend hosts, now that I'm the co-host I feel podcasts are a lot better, less music and more talking is always better to me

James Borbath

BourneofDarkness15 said:
I'll be honest I wasn't into podcasts as much until I got the offer to be on one my friend hosts, now that I'm the co-host I feel podcasts are a lot better, less music and more talking is always better to me
Podcasts do have their advantages my interviews with Jack Armstrong are pretty successful I think because I can allow Jack to answer questions fully and not be up against a clock so I can ask a follow up if need be. It has a lot of freedom and is a great chance for people to get to know your personality.

VJ_Sportsgeek

In terms of sports, and looking closely at the FAN 590, podcasts are great because it allows u to go back and listen to that radio segment whenever possible. So if you missed the first hour of Prime Time Sports, you can go back and listen to it whenever u want.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'll be honest, I've never listened to a full podcast before. Ten minutes in and I have to turn it off because the awkwardness of the host and a lot of random pauses. I'm also not the biggest fan of sport radio shows but I do listen to Prime Time Sports when it's on television.