Movies Pls help me identify this movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by ysabel, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I tried asking my friends from fb but I don't think I have enough movie buff friends to respond to it.

I'm trying to look for the title of that movie, set in the not so distant future (so forget about the idea of robots or flying cars), when people's tombstones don't have epitaphs anymore but rather a video summary of their life's best moments playing on a mini screen. Movie came out sometime between 2003 and 2007.

I don't remember any actors who played in it (it's one of those movies you wish had better marketing because it was good but not so known). I just know that the plot did revolve around this innovation of putting your life videos (taken from first person perspective of the person who died) on the tombstone instead of epitaphs written by your friends/family to summarise your life.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've been digging and I'm not finding anything. Do you have any more info about the plot? Maybe a scene or two?

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, I couldn't think of useful google keywords for it.

I just remember they showed how the videos were made, they map out your life (I might be imagining it but I think they implant something on you to be able to record these things) and your loved ones get to pick which ones to show on that streaming video of your tombstone. Someone was trying to solve a case or find out a truth over something and discovered they'd know more if they could see the videos that didn't make the final cut (because these are usually the dark secrets you'd rather people not see).

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I'm slowly becoming convinced that you dreamt this.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Yeah me too, Alt. I was looking for an answer on IMDB and there was lots of movies that had tombstones in them but none with videos. I also find a news story about a man who wanted to invent screens on tombstones lol. No movie though.

ysabel likes this.
  6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Okay, on my third day of googling this.. I'm hoping I might have found it...

I really have no clue though, but it sounds at least somewhat similiar...

The Final Cut?

The Final Cut (2004)

ysabel and viLky like this.
  7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I think this is the video you're talking about

The Final Cut (2004) - Plot Summary

The videos are recorded through implants, although I don't think they were put on tombstones (just shown at memorial services, etc).

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Haha, the answer was there all along. Wiki confirms:

ysabel likes this.
  9. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

It's definitely that. Ys said she thought it had "cut" in the title. Good job Wade!

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Hahaha, I know I'm crazy but I'm not THAT crazy.

WHEEEEE! Thanks a lot! :glomp:

Haha, you and Snap found it a few minutes apart. Funny how two people suddenly find it (as if it were an easy find) when in the past days, I've been asking a lot of people and can't find answers.

I almost gave up.

They do have video on tombstones (see Tucker's post).

And Snap too. Not only I said there's a "Cut"....I even mentioned Robin williams to you but I thought I just confused it with his movie on photo development. :dork:

And LOL @ Tucker's observation. I did mention the title of the movie when I described it. :rofl: