• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Please WWE don't turn Cena heel at SS!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trust me, I want John Cena to turn heel as much as the other wrestling fan, but doing it at Survivor Series is not the best time to do so. I don't think it will have such an impact if he does turn on Orton, especially since Orton and Cena have been battling for the last few years.

The best way to turn Cena into a heel is at Wrestlemania. Make him cost Undertaker's winning streak at the Pay Per View, that would be a Hulk Hogan type of heel turn in my opinion, and it would have so much impact in the WWE.

I think it would be much better to wait it out, since a lot of people are expecting Cena turn heel at SS, waiting till WM would be a total shocker that no one expects.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Nah, I really don't want WWE to end Takers streak, but if they do they HAVE to end it on some young wrestler to propell him into the main card. Breaking Takers streak will keep him there for good and just him possibly the biggest push anyone can get in WWE.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you completely Atreyu, except it won't bother me all that much if they end Undertaker's streak. I always felt that if the WWE does decide to end it then it should be a young star, at this point and time I think it should be Sheamus since he needs that last push to get into that Superstar category. That said, I think Cena costing him a match at Wrestlemania would be the best way to turn him full heel. We all know how much the fans love Undertaker, especially his streak.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think it's a good idea to turn Cena on the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. That would be huge but at this point in time the streak needs to stay in tact. It should be Undertaker's final legacy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think it's a good idea to turn Cena on the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. That would be huge but at this point in time the streak needs to stay in tact. It should be Undertaker's final legacy.
Wow! This is two days in a row that we disagree. The Undertaker doesn't need the streak to write his Legacy, he's done enough in the business to be considered on of the greatest Wrestlers of all-time. The only way Cena could turn 100% heel is if he turns on Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Turning at any other time will still make the fans cheer/boo him 50/50. If he turns on one of the most popular wrestlers at the biggest stage of them all, then that will make an impact, that will make people pissed off at him.

I know not a lot of people will agree with me, which is understandable but it needs to be done.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! This is two days in a row that we disagree. The Undertaker doesn't need the streak to write his Legacy, he's done enough in the business to be considered on of the greatest Wrestlers of all-time. The only way Cena could turn 100% heel is if he turns on Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Turning at any other time will still make the fans cheer/boo him 50/50. If he turns on one of the most popular wrestlers at the biggest stage of them all, then that will make an impact, that will make people pissed off at him.

I know not a lot of people will agree with me, which is understandable but it needs to be done.
If they were going to break the Undertaker's streak they would have done it already. He's 18-0. Couple years ago I was asking for it to end but it's safe to say that'll never happen. It's gotten to a point where you tarnish Undertaker's entire career by having someone go over him at Wrestlemania.

John Cena, without question, does NOT need that kind of rub. People seem to like Randy Orton a lot...i think screwing him over will definitely have a lasting impression. John Cena will still be 100% a heel if he screws Randy Orton over and joins the Nexus.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If they were going to break the Undertaker's streak they would have done it already. He's 18-0. Couple years ago I was asking for it to end but it's safe to say that'll never happen. It's gotten to a point where you tarnish Undertaker's entire career by having someone go over him at Wrestlemania.
Undertaker almost fought Shawn Michaels before a Pay Per View because he didn't want to put Austin over. Taker was/is pissed off at Brock Lesnar for not putting someone over before he left the WWE. If the WWE did approach The Undertaker and asked him if it would bother him if he loss at Wrestlemania, then I'm not 100% positive that he would say yes. Taker is all about putting people over(for the most part), and he is at the point of his career where he's going to retire soon. I think it would be wise for him end his streak at WM to Sheamus, but because Cena helped him to do so.

John Cena, without question, does NOT need that kind of rub. People seem to like Randy Orton a lot...i think screwing him over will definitely have a lasting impression. John Cena will still be 100% a heel if he screws Randy Orton over and joins the Nexus.
I agree, Randy Orton is one of the most over stars in the WWE today, but a lot fans are expecting Cena to turn on him at Survivor Series, it wouldn't have that shock value if it did happen.

Just think back of when Hulk Hogan turned heel at Bash at the Beach and joined NWO. Barely anyone expected to happen, and look at the reaction it got. Cena costing Taker's win streak would have that same impact, and in all honesty the WWE needs it right now.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I still don't think the WWE will have the balls to do the heel turn at this point, but...

While it's true that Cena turning heel at WM would make for a great "WM moment," I don't think it's necessary. Give fans a reason to tune in to every PPV because the unexpected can happen (like a possible heel turn by Cena at SS). Like Biz said, it was Bash at the Beach in which the nWo was born...not Starrcade. Don't make every single action about selling Wrestlemania. I'm somewhere in the middle of Biz and Millz about the streak...I could see it remaining intact, but I could also see Taker using it to put someone over; Cena doesn't need to be involved in any way, regardless. His turning heel has enough "holy sh*t" factor on its own.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
What Ruth and Atreyu have is not a bad idea. Why not do this? Wade Barrett beats Orton, Cena counts 1-2-3. Called the match down the middle. The Miz comes out and cashes in on Barrett. Cena is still the referee...Cena does a fast count for the Miz and your new Champion The Miz, and Cena still has his job. The Nexus angle from Bragging Rights setup Barrett and Undertaker at WM, and Cena FU's the Undertaker and Wade Barrett gets the win. I don't know, that would be awesome if this does happen.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
IMO, if they turn Cena heel, I will think of it as like the Hardy heel turn recently in TNA. It really doesn't make sense and really might not work. If Cena is only a heel if he is in Nexus will that mean when Nexus leaves will he still be heel or will he slowly go back to his face-ness? I hope not. If he goes heel, he goes HEEEL. Like the biggest heel in WWE history. He needs to get over or he will the Orton effect (except the opposite): Great Face, POOR Heel.