Please Stop SPAMMING

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Heynow, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Heynow

Heynow Guest

Who ever you're sending to my site, I would appreciate if you'd stop.
    http://www.politicalcrossfire.com

It's kinda sleazy.

2. FCXShogun

FCXShogun Guest

LOL I think I know who did it anyway well, Im sure the member who posted that mean no harm, he/she is just trying to recruit members to join this forum so we can talk about stuff, etc if you dont like it than just ignore it or if it really bother you I guess you can report this to the admin anyway welcome to the site....

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Advertising is sleazy? Funny, here I was thinking it was a business . . .

We're just recruiting new members, sorry if it's bothering you.

4. Heynow

Heynow Guest

Business is when you pay for it, it's sleazy is when you steal it and it's not funny, it's a real problem on my site and it violates our forum rules.

I recruited members by advertising with Google, it's an option you should consider.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

This Thread is pointless and should be moved to SUB-Talk

We are just adveritising and trying to get members

6. Merc

Let the big boys handle moving threads and deciding if they need to be. Not to mention, sub-talk is for pointless threads, this guy has some feedback . . . thus, feedback forum.

So let me get this straight "Heynow", you'd rather be recruited to a forum by something even more annoying than a real person? At least with the real people, you can tell them to stop, like you are now. Can you just make the ads for other sites disappear? No. Also, actually talking to people to convince them to join a forum is "stealing." But when a machine does it, it's "business." Also, I hate to admit it, but you're not on your forum, so your rules don't apply here. If you really hate being recruited, then leave our site and ban the advertisers, it's that simple.

I'm leaving this in feedback until Vince sees it.

7. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Sleazy? I think not. It's the way Internet message boards work to recruit new members. I could understand your disapproval had someone openly asked your members to abandon your site, but to simply give them a link to a site of similar interest is more than appropriate. Instead of believing that you own your members, why not let them have the option of deciding for themselves if they want to expand. If your confident in your site's content you've no need to worry about losing them.

Hoosier.

8. Merc

Well, unless he's referring to that night that we all snuck out of our forums, threw on our turbans and AK-47's and kidnapped a few people from their forums. Almost forgot about that. Damn Piccolo and his drinking games.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

LOl

Every one has right to advertise and to get the members from a site to join another but if the admins dont like it,

They can remove the post..So why make a big deal of it?

10. Snarflax

Snarflax Guest

I find it humorous that the PM/post always starts with "normally I don't do this," which is a blatant lie.