Please leave a message after the tone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fragile, Nov 25, 2008.

1. fragile

fragile Registered Member

So, do you?

I like it when people leaves a message or text me if it's important, and especially if it's from someone that knows that I don't have their number. If I have a missed call from an unknown number, I most likely wont call back. Either they dialed wrong, or I'm thinking that they'll call me again if it's important.

And I'm getting annoyed that some call me with a hidden number, don't leave a message, don't send me a text about it, and then they're like "Why the hell didn't you call me back??"
    It may be hard to believe, but there are others that call me too. So how was I supposed to know? Leave a message!

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I never leave voicemail messages unless I can't avoid it, like I have to if my grandparents don't answer the phone because they dont have a mobile/cell phone to text.. which is what I'd usually do with everyone else if they don't answer the phone.
    I don't know why I just don't like leaving voicemails! :shake:

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Never left it and never will because I just hung up, I barely hear it anyway, many people do actually pick up.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

When I call overseas my number wouldn't be showing and if I use the landline it wouldn't show in France either because we set it to private. So I understand why some won't pick the call and let their machine do it.

But I don't leave a message unless my call is urgent. That means, if I don't leave you a message, I won't bother you either and ask why you didn't call back, haha. I don't like talking to answering machines unless necessary.

5. fragile

fragile Registered Member

I don't like voicemails either, but I'll text them or try calling again if I feel it's necessary. If not, then it's ok if they don't call me back either.

And don't get me wrong. I do answer my phone, and I'll even answer when it's an unknown/hidden number too (I know many that don't). The thing is that if I'm at work or at school for exampel, I can't always pick up. And I don't like that you have to be available 24/7 just because you have a mobile.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I dunno, I'm iffy on the whole subject. Sometimes I'll leave a voice message on a cell phone or I'll just text what I have a question about. I will not, however, leave messages on home phones. Dunno why but I won't and I also refuse to answer calls that do not list their number. Avoids me having to talk to my mother as her is private listed as it mine lol

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I always leave voice messages and it drives me insane when other people dont. it takes 3 seconds to quickly say who you are what you want and if i need to call you back... My best friend and I go throught this all the time where she thinks I am ignoring her but it is because my phone is off for school or work, and she doesnt leave a voice message so i never know that she called.

Blueyes likes this.
  8. whateverdude_09

whateverdude_09 Registered Member

I dont like to leave messages, but i do if i have to. like if someone doesn't know what my number is, or if i'm angry

9. MissyGris

MissyGris Registered Member

I always leave a voicemail, just a simple "Hey ____, this is Alex, give me a call when you get this."

Ive actually gotten thanked for leaving messages from my friends, because no one else does.

Personally I prefer when I have a voicemail over a missed call.

10. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I don't mind leaving a message. Now that doesn't mean it's going to be a normal message. I tend to mess with peoples voice mail or answering machines when I have to talk to them.

Example : If you don't know who is calling you, i'm not gonna tell you. You will just have to guess who this is and what I wanted to talk to you about. Call me back and our answering machines or voice mail can do lunch.

Why leave a normal VM or message, when it's so much fun to mess with others.