• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Please give me your advice

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
OK, I am selling things on ebay to try and raise money for our adoption from China. We started out adopting from Russia over a year ago, but we got totally screwed, and lost SEVERAL thousand dollars.

I have some ideas for an auction, but here's one I just had.

"MBA for hire - let this M.B.A. work for you"

Basically, I'd be selling my analytical or report writing services in the "services" section, and I'd tell a lot about our adoption in my "about me" area - hopefully without violating the charity listing rule.

Is this a stupid idea, or is it workable?? I was thinking about putting the reserve pretty high - around $1,000, and putting a mug shot of me as the main picture, and a picture of my diploma with my full name blobbed out.

Is this workable? Would it be a decent draw?? Would ebay shut it down??

Nanner

Registered Member
:::scratching head::: Don't know nothin 'bout no good auction ideas ;) BUT as an adoptive Mom I do wish you well on the idea and hope your next adoption attempt is all you hope it will be! (We had a failed adoption, although domestic, so I understand what you have gone thru......now that she is 3 yrs old it was a blessing. If the first adoption would of happened I never would have MY little girl. One way to look at it) GOOD LUCK!

Is this too weird? I hit send on my reply and there staring me in the face is an adoption ad!