• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Playstation VR

thealigator

Registered Member
A price has been confirmed in regards to the Playstation VR, in the US it wll cost $399 and in the UK it is set at £350 when tax has been included. This is cheaper than the Oculus Rift VR (by roughly $200 aswell as not needing to have a high spec PC to be able to run it) and also cheaper than the HTC Vive (roughly $400) but Sony president has already said that we should not expect it to be as good which is fair enough, you get what your pay for in this world.

I am still not convinced by this. 350 pounds is still a lot for me to pay and I am quite certain the games will not be cheap, I don't know the pricing but I wouldn't be surpised if there was an extra 20 pounds put on top of the normal price if not more.

Are you interested? Is this something you could see yourself buying? Do you think it is too expensive and do you see it coming down in price come 2017?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm really not interested. Sure, it would be fun to mess with but I wouldn't buy this VR stuff more than likely. It feels gimmicky and I don't see it being too successful. I'm glad gaming tries to change it up from time to time, but ultimately I just want to hold a controller and play in front of my TV like a normal, lazy nerd.

thealigator

Registered Member
I did hear on YouTube last night from Rich at TechReviewUSA (who tends to be a relilable source) that the price that Sony have stated is not entriely incorrect but could also be a little bit misleading. Apperently to get the VR working you not only have to have the VR and the console (obviously) but you also need the Playstation Eye and also the Playstation Move sticks. If this is correct it is going to end up clearly costing more, not as much as the competitors but still it does feel a little but misleading in the old marketting side of things.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm interested but not until it has at least one price drop and most of the early kinks are worked out. Once I see some really great horror games, that might also lure me to buy one. I just worry about motion sickness. I'm kind of a baby when it comes to that. Haha.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My son bought a Vive a few days ago and I got to try it today. I thought it was great. First I threw a stick for the robot dog to fetch and then I got to stand in the middle of Iceland. Probably the closest I will ever get to it. I also played a game where you have space ships coming at you and you have to shoot them before they shoot you. I thought that was fun. I told him I would like to see a Jurassic World type game where I can stand next to a T Rex. That should get my blood pumping. Didn't get to play long but I will Saturday.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's $550 in Australia lol. Everything is so expensive here.

I've used VR several times, mostly the Occulus, I'm interested in it but won't buy one any time soon. It's just too expensive. In the future I would like one.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My son paid $800,00 plus tax and S&H for his Vive. I've never used any but his, really don't think I would like one if you were stuck sitting in a chair. I like being able to move about, turn around and look behind me. Which you are limited on how far you can go.

Really had fun today using the Vive shooting Zombies. A really big one sneaked up behind me and killed me, couldn't reload my gun fast enough. Also stood by the rover on Mars, the solar system and looked around a really old church.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Batman: Arkham VR and Resident Evil 7 really got me excited for VR. I'm still going to wait though, as long as I can. I still want that first price drop.