PlayStation 3 Playstation Plus Released

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Jun 29, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Before you go off on a tangent and freak out about the PSN being paid now... Dont, PSN Services are still free. Playstation Plus is exactly that, a Plus addition to the already free services that the Playstation Provides.

So now you ask? Why in the hell would I pay for something I can get free? Good Question, I'm asking that myself..... so heres what the articles are saying Playstation Plus provides the PS Gamer;

I'm confident in Sony and the Playstation. With the Plus just being launched, the content seems to be limited at the moment... but thats fairly normal wouldnt you think :hah:

So any playstation users here thinking of Dropping the $50 to buy this?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010

2. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

3. icegoat63

oh god dont show that to the Live Fanboys... :hah:

From my experience, Live was nothing special. I was promised better connectivity than the PSN... and it didnt deliver. That to me was really the only thing Live should have had over the PSN and the fact that the PSN is just as good as Live should be a reality check to anyone with both systems available to them.

One thing I had to laugh at is how they talked about "availability" in purchasing the Playstation Plus. And how its only available through the Playstation Store....I believed they over looked the fact that $50.00 PSN Gift Cards are available everywhere from Target to Wal*Mart to Best Buy to CVS Pharmacies....

4. icegoat63

oh god dont show that to the Live Fanboys... :hah:

From my experience, Live was nothing special. I was promised better connectivity than the PSN... and it didnt deliver. That to me was really the only thing Live should have had over the PSN and the fact that the PSN is just as good as Live should be a reality check to anyone with both systems available to them.

One thing I had to laugh at is how they talked about "availability" in purchasing the Playstation Plus. And how its only available through the Playstation Store....I believed they over looked the fact that $50.00 PSN Gift Cards are available everywhere from Target to Wal*Mart to Best Buy to CVS Pharmacies....

5. Mihael_langley

Im thinking of getting it for 3 months, try it out.

But the problem is most of the good content like hulu and netflix usually are for the US store only, and Pal members get left out a lot, we dont even have a movie rental feature.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  6. icegoat63

Woah serious? I didnt know that. I mean I knew the PS Store was a bit different across the pond, but I wasnt aware you flat out didnt have the same features that we do in the States.

I was gonna buy this last night, but then I saw I only had $40.16 in my ps account hahaha. I'll be going to Target or something soon and putting another $50 in there.

7. Mihael_langley

Yep, PSN and XBLA over in Europe is very dull, only UK gets some love.

And you can try 90 days fro $15, thats what i plan to do.