PlayStation 3 Playstation Plus Released

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Before you go off on a tangent and freak out about the PSN being paid now... Dont, PSN Services are still free. Playstation Plus is exactly that, a Plus addition to the already free services that the Playstation Provides.

So now you ask? Why in the hell would I pay for something I can get free? Good Question, I'm asking that myself..... so heres what the articles are saying Playstation Plus provides the PS Gamer;

With the 3.40 software update to the Sony PlayStation 3 on Tuesday, Sony's new subscription-based gaming service called PlayStation Plus has gone live in several international markets.

Through the PlayStation Store, users can pay $49.99 for a year subscription to PlayStation Plus, or $17.99 for a three-month trial. Once a user's account is activated, content exclusive to subscribers is made available, such as one hour full game trial versions, discounted titles, and exclusive themes and avatars. Content exclusive to PlayStation Plus is marked by a yellow D-pad icon.

In the North American store this morning, only a small amount of content is up, but it is a good example of the privileges afforded to subscribers. The PlayStation Network game WipEout HD, for example, is completely free for subscribers to download and keep, as is the PlayStation Mini game "Age of Zombies" by Halfbrick Studios.

The selection in the North American store is currently quite small, but much more content is expected to come to the service over time, and it will eventually include advance trials and beta versions that have not yet made it to the general population of PlayStation 3 users.

At present, the $17.99 three-month trial is a worthwhile expense if you are interested in picking up the full versions of WipEout HD and Age of Zombies, because they would cost a total of $25 to download regularly. Other than that, it's not a remarkable experience yet, and constitutes only a tiny addition to the PlayStation Store.

Sony's PlayStation Plus service starts accepting subscribers; a quick first look | Tech Gear News - Betanews
I'm confident in Sony and the Playstation. With the Plus just being launched, the content seems to be limited at the moment... but thats fairly normal wouldnt you think :hah:

So any playstation users here thinking of Dropping the $50 to buy this?

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
oh god dont show that to the Live Fanboys... :hah:

From my experience, Live was nothing special. I was promised better connectivity than the PSN... and it didnt deliver. That to me was really the only thing Live should have had over the PSN and the fact that the PSN is just as good as Live should be a reality check to anyone with both systems available to them.

One thing I had to laugh at is how they talked about "availability" in purchasing the Playstation Plus. And how its only available through the Playstation Store....I believed they over looked the fact that $50.00 PSN Gift Cards are available everywhere from Target to Wal*Mart to Best Buy to CVS Pharmacies....

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
oh god dont show that to the Live Fanboys... :hah:

From my experience, Live was nothing special. I was promised better connectivity than the PSN... and it didnt deliver. That to me was really the only thing Live should have had over the PSN and the fact that the PSN is just as good as Live should be a reality check to anyone with both systems available to them.

One thing I had to laugh at is how they talked about "availability" in purchasing the Playstation Plus. And how its only available through the Playstation Store....I believed they over looked the fact that $50.00 PSN Gift Cards are available everywhere from Target to Wal*Mart to Best Buy to CVS Pharmacies....

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Im thinking of getting it for 3 months, try it out.

But the problem is most of the good content like hulu and netflix usually are for the US store only, and Pal members get left out a lot, we dont even have a movie rental feature.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Woah serious? I didnt know that. I mean I knew the PS Store was a bit different across the pond, but I wasnt aware you flat out didnt have the same features that we do in the States.

I was gonna buy this last night, but then I saw I only had $40.16 in my ps account hahaha. I'll be going to Target or something soon and putting another $50 in there.