• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Playstation 4 PlayStation 4

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I feel very strange making this thread since I'm more of an xbox gal...but I didn't see one for the PS4 that is coming out.

It was featured in a game magazine I was reading around my break time at work. I have to say the way they are revolutionizing this particular console may make me want to purchase it for myself and just make myself get used to the controller.

What really stands out for me is being able to record game play from clicking a button on your controller, as well as being able to allow a friend to take control of your game if you need help with something. That sounds so freaking cool.

I also read that the social aspects are going to be more like xbox, with a party system and jumping in games and such.

The new PS4 sounds positively amazing.

My source is the @gamer magazine. I don't think I can link it because it's a subscription.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure it'll be awesome but I don't play that many different PS3 games anyway so I don't see myself getting it. At least not for many years after its out.

I'm fairly content with what I've got right now.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I already made a bunch of threads about PS4 games announced at the PS4 announcement show. I loved watching that a few months ago. It was so exciting seeing all the new stuff. As for me I will get the PS4. I've had every playstation so far. I won't miss a new one! I won't get it straight away though. These things can be so pricey and buggy when first released. I usually wait for the price to go down and give them time to iron out all those launch issues that most consoles seem to have.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh yeah, they had a spread on some of the games, and a couple of them looked really cool. I may actually get this console, but it won't be a priority since I play so much xbox...but I am seriously considering it when I get some extra money.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Me too Pam. Depending on the price at least.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am torn between the PS4 and Xbox(enter whatever name they come up with here). The PS3 has had some good exclusives such as Heavy Rain and the upcoming The Last Of Us but I am not sure what they will have for the PS4. I have already said I am getting the new Xbox whatever happens and am already saving up for it. At one point I did have both consoles but one did eventually take over the other. I may end up getting both but if the PS4 cannot come up with a decent crop of games I am really not that interested.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Last of Us...that was one of the ones in the magazine that I would want. The names of the games were escaping me. I would probably definitely get the new xbox before I got a PS4 first, but Sony may have just come up with something cool enough to make me get it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Last of Us is a PS3 game. I guess it will be playable on the PS4 as well, but it's being released this year on the PS3.

As well as this game which is also PS3 exclusive (and looks amazing)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9D1N-MHwog[/video]

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Last of Us is a PS3 game. I guess it will be playable on the PS4 as well, but it's being released this year on the PS3.
You are right. I just looked back in the magazine and they only featured 4 games for the new PS4. I flipped the page again and they were featuring games for a myriad of consoles, and I thought it was still a continuation of the PS4 spread.

They mentioned vamping up the PS Move to where it has facial recognition to sign in like the Kinect. I thought they already had that for PS3?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I am actually really excited about PlayStation 4 because it has been way too long without a new console coming out whether it was Xbox, Wii or something else, Kinnect doesn’t really count, that was just utter shit. Anyway, I am slowly getting over Playstation 3 because it’s boring, just need that new extra and more technically developed graphics to feel like a gamer of the old, that feeling of being amazed. I love getting new consoles, not because I am a bandwagoner but because I love games and I try to keep up with the latest releases and developments. Will be interesting to see how epic games will be in Play Station 4. Very very excited for it.