• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console PlayStation 4 "noticeably faster" than Xbox One

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Full article here

PlayStation 4 noticeably faster than Xbox One - Report - GameSpot.com

Apparently some game devs were published in a UK gaming magazine saying that in many areas the PS4 is faster than the Xbox One. The article lists the details, saying that memory can read up to 40%-50% paster on the PS4.

What do you think of this? Would this change your mind on getting an Xbox One for those who wanted one, or do you want to wait for more solid evidence of these claims.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't think anyone really needs solid evidence of it because you could tell it was going to be faster just based on the system specs.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I would rather buy a console for the games they have instead of the fact that it's faster, specs don't matter to me when it comes to a console games do, and ultimately that's what your bying it for.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I agree with Sigurd. The specs and performance have minimal, if any, influence on my decision on which console I'm going to buy. I'm much more concerned with games, features, cost, how much I respect the companies, etc.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
For me it's a bit of both. I will choose for features and exclusive games, but I also like to know that the hardware is going to run smoothly, be fast, and not ever crash on me.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I received an email from Zavvi the other day confirming my order for the XboxOne and that it should be with me on the release date, to be honest I had forgotten that I had even ordered the thing but I did cancel the order there and then. I am in the position right now where I am not bothered about the Xbox One or the PS4 in release date, there are enough games coming out for the PS3 and the 360 in the next three months that they will keep my current systems running and not wanting to retire them.

dDave

V.I.P.
Speed only matters to me when it comes to a computer. Certainly, a console can be absurdly slow. I know my Wii is really slow, that doesn't make me like it any less though.

I know the specs of all of the 8th gen consoles, it didn't influence my buying decision at all. The XBOX One being slower than the PS4 definitely isn't going to help, but it was expected.

I buy a console for the software that's available for them. Games are what really make a console, not only the hardware. I actually ask myself "Which one will I personally have the most fun with?"

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's funny that you say that speed is only important in a computer, because these new consoles are more like high-end gaming computers than they ever have been before.

dDave

V.I.P.
It's funny that you say that speed is only important in a computer, because these new consoles are more like high-end gaming computers than they ever have been before.
It's just that I play PC to be top end, probably why I don't care quite as much that Nintendo lacks power. I still get my power fix ;) . Honestly, my computer is so many times more powerful than these consoles that I'm going to notice a night and day different no matter what.

So long as the framerate is steady and the game design is good, I really don't mind the console being slower. There is a point where it's not tolerable, I don't think any of the 8th gen consoles will reach that point.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Nah, doesn't matter to me. I look for exclusives, price and controller. Sony wins all of those for me, so it gets my purchase.

And PC gaming is meeeeeeeeh.