• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Playstation 3 vs. Nintendo Wii vs. Xbox 360

wetferret16

Who do you think will win? I have always been a loyal nintendo fan, but they lost me on the gamecube. What a freakin flop that was. I don't wanna give bill gates any more chances to monopolize the console industry either. So I was REALLY looking forward to Sony's black beauty this time around, but they've messed up so much lately, I don't know anymore. I don't really wanna get the Wii because it looks like they're gonna have the same old kiddie games (spongebob, mario, wii sports, etc.) What is everyone else thinking of? :-/

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Red Steel, Twilight Princess? Kiddie excuse doesn't work anymore.

Thermal

Registered Member
Twilight Princess is by far much more darker than any previous version.

Neither the PS3 nor the Wii have very many strong launch titles (basically Resistances and Zelda:TT). So right now, I'd recommend 360, or hold off until next year.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
yea, but Xbox 360 didnt have very strong launch titles, but alot of people bought it anyway and then the gamed got better

and the same will happen for the PS3, so imma get the PS3 for Christmas and play Resistance: Fall of Man :)

Doc

V.I.P.
The 360 had several strong launch titles. Call of Duty 2, Kameo, PDz, and Condemned were all very good games.

Thermal

Registered Member
My point wasn't that PS3/Wii games aren't going to get better, but rather that the XBox 360 has much more to offer at this point in time. Right now the PS3/Wii both have one really good game and not much more to offer beyond that until next year.

wazupdoc

Registered Member
The PS3 has several good launch titles. Just check out the list at Gamefly. Some are pending and several have been released. I've got a bunch in my game que.

Doc

V.I.P.
It's not a launch title if it wasn't released on the same day, or at least within a couple days of the console being released. Hence the term "launch title".

wazupdoc

Registered Member
Well yeah, you're right but if it's released within a couple of weeks that's fine by me and seeing how Gamefly has already mailed me two games that I am currently playing... But yeah, "day of" releases leave a little to be desired but it doesn't take THAT long for others to hit the market. Gamers just tend to be a bit more impatient than your average Joe. You only have to look to the fools who dropped $3k on eBay for a PS3 to understand their fiendish (read: foolish) devotion.

murderbyWIImote

Registered Member
godfather blackhand edition was awsome. kiddie excused deffinitely not quite stacking up anymore. could get a 360 and wait for it to die within a year like every other one ive seen. go with the wii, and get a ps3 once they actually have some games worth the pricetag.