PlayStation 3 Playstation 3 Now with Netflix

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Nov 11, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I just got an email from the PSN saying that the Playstation 3 now supports Netflix

its also on netflix's website:

Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial

I know this is interesting news for alot of people (*cough Anita*) who have been on the fence with the PS3 because of the 360 and its compatability with Netflix. Well now that perk is shared ;)

What do y'all think?

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Actually...that's pretty awesome. I love watching Netflix from my 360. Watching it on a small computer screen isn't so awesome...so when I discovered you could do it on the 360, it was like Christmas.

Unfortunately, I still can't afford to get a PS3 atm. I decided to pay down some big ticket items I bought.

3. Bmh2322

Bmh2322 Registered Member

im watching a movie from my netflix instant streaming disc and its coming in crystal clear and doesnt stop to buffer at all.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

So how do we install it into the PS3? Just insert the disk and then go to the site? Do we have to pay for it?

~Shwa

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

If it's anything like the xbox....you have to already have a subscription to Netflix that includes unlimited online viewing.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

How many movies a month can you stream? Must be some sort of limit, if not, I could probably bust out 300 movies a month. Haha.

7. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

Such a shame that we do not have it over here in the UK (as far as I know, anyway).

It is good that the PS3 is getting it, however. When considering that the system already has already taken steps into the media region (Blu-Ray, hardware, etc) it is only natural that the Netflix service should be there also.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nah with any of the accounts (excluding the most minimal one possible :hah:) it is absolutely Unlimited streaming movies. The only downfall is that there really isnt quite the selection of Netflix movies online.

I just got an account last night, I went with the 2 disk a month one for 13.99 and so far just doing it on my laptop I've noticed that alot of the movies they've got available to stream online are kinda older. I was anticipating new releases being available to stream...but alas that is just not the case.

Whether its the same on the PS3... I can tell you tomorrow when I get my Netflix Disk