• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Playoff Teams You're Rooting For

SoberJaysFan

Lots of Jays fans here, so who are you rooting for now? Don't say Tampa or Boston. Just don't.

This year is a tough one because I really don't like any of the teams left in the AL. I hope Cleveland wins against either the Rays or the Red Sox (even though I really dislike Cleveland). And I guess I'm rooting for the Athletics over the Tigers.

In the NL, I'm rooting for whoever wins the Pirates/Reds game over the Cards. And the Dodgers over the Braves. Go Puig!

Sherlander

In the AL I'm rooting for the Tigers and nobody else. The NL is totally different. I like every team (except the Braves) for one reason or another so it would be hard for me to be disappointed by the NL outcome.

Sabby

Detroit or Oakland in the AL

Pittsburgh, Cincy or LA in the NL

As Long as Boston and Tampa don't get the Word Series ring, I can die a happy man

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My dream World Series since I was a kid is St Louis (my home town team) vs Oakland

But if its Tampa or Detroit or Cleveland I'll be okay with that as well.

And if it can't be St Louis I wouldn't be against Pittsburgh or Atlanta going all the way.

Fuck Boston and Cincinnati.

BobbyNotMerged

Pirates! They've played well all season and they seem to have that magical feel about um plus Travis Snider.
Call me biter but I do not want JF to win anything at Boston.

baseball619

This is how I've basically broken down my brackets:

TB/CLE: TB win
PIT/STL: PIT win

AL:
OAK/DET: DET win
BOS/TB: BOS win
BOS/DET: BOS win

NL:
LAD/ATL: LAD win
PIT/LAD: PIT win

World Series:
BOS vs PIT
Boston wins.

I'm not really rooting for anyone in particular, that's just how i see things going down.

willge87

Registered Member
I'll list the teams I wouldn't mind winning the World Series (from first to last):

(1) St. Louis Cardinals
(2) Pittsburgh Pirates
(3) Detroit Tigers
(4) Oakland Athletics
(5) Los Angeles Dodgers
(6) Atlanta Braves
(7) Tampa Bay Rays
(8) Boston Red Sox (way down the list from the others)