Playoff Picks

C

ChrisLDuncan

Right now I have the Angels over the Cubs in 7 in the WS...I can't pick my yankees unforgunately :(

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow I know the Cubs made a lot of moves this off season but I don't think they'll make it to the World Series.

I believe that the Twins will make it to the World Series and face the Mets, I believe they'll get over the hump this season.

T

TheSportsGuy

I'm going to pick the Yankees for this year. I try to never underestimate them (I did in 2003, and they went to the Series. I picked them to beat the Marlins, and they lost. So, of course, I'm not going to underestimate them this time.) Though, I would like to see my St. Louis Cardinals repeat, but it doesn't look like it due to an insufficient amount of talent throughout our pitching staff. So, yes, I'm going to pick the New York Yankees for this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Yankees have a big chance to win it all this season, they added Pettite, who will help there starting rotation, they did lose Sheffield, but they still have one of the best 1-9 line up in the league. I believe Cano will have an awesome season, and A Rod will be A Rod. They could make a big push, but hopefully the Jays will be in there way, and hopefully the Jays will win the A.L East.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
The Yankees have a chance every year and years that they don't make it so far in the playoffs are seemingly a disappointment to the team and to management. This year I think the biggest story out of Yankee land won't be whether or not the team can make the world series I think it will be if they can all get along well enough to put a winning team on the field.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I don't understand why no one says that they have a chance, because a lot of experts have been saying that they have a better team then last season, and I agree with them, and they finished second in the A.L last season, if everyone remains healthy especially Halladay, Burnett and Chacin, then we have a chance to do big things, we have one of the best line ups in the league, and we have one of the best closers in the league as well. I know that the Yanks and the Bo Sox have improve as well, but we can do great things this season.

R

Rickster

The Twins won't make it this year without Liriano.

This sucks, the way pitching has been going, Santana can get a contract even better than Zito's and I don't believe the Twins have the funds to pay for it. This would mean the Liriano/Santana one-two punch won't happen.

And I hate, hate, hate the BoSox, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not scared of a rotation with Schilling/Beckett/Paps/Matsuzaka. And just imagine if they somehow land Clemens....

C

Cowboy Up

I'm a little bit of a homer but I have the Sox taking it all this year. There are no holes in the lineup, except maybe Pedroia, and the starting rotation is going to be incredible. They've also added some decent relievers in a bullpen that was pretty awful last year. I wouldn't be at all shocked if they ran away with the division by 8-9 games (although they probably won't)