Playing Pacman on google.com

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Babe_Ruth, May 21, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's right, if you go to www.google.com and you press insert coin beside the search button you can play Pacman. Let's see if Echoes can get the high score on this one(don't actually know if they keep high scores.) I didn't have time to complete the first stage(don't know if there's any afterwards) but I found it pretty neat.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

That is pretty cool. Thats one of those things I almost wish they'd leave up there at all times. Or at least have the option to use instead of the regular Google hahaha.

I've always dug it when search engines like Yahoo and Google make little tweaks like this. For instance Yahoo usually has a special logo for each holiday that is animated and what not. Its good times.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Yeah, our office just wasted 15 minutes playing.:lol: I got 21000 (and some change) which beat my co-workers, but I know it's a pretty pathetic score, especially since the board is so easy.
    I'm sure if Echoes plays he'll crush us all. :mad:

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah I just challenged Echoes on fb to get 300k haha. I mean I already got excited and thought of Echoes when I saw the drawing. And when I realised it's a real game, that made me so :hyper:.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Haha, I left him a VM not too long ago.

I didn't know you could actually play it.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I didn't know you could play it either till a co-worker told me about it. It's a little slow, but personally I like it more then the real pacman(the course that is)

I agree with you Goat, I like it when search engines tweak it up from time to time, this one is the best one yet though.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I have Google set as my homepage, so it was the first thing I saw when I opened up Firefox. I heard the Pacman tune playing and I was like "whoa!" Then I realized I could actually play it and I knew I had to tell GF about it. But of course everybody saw it before me!

That said, I got bored after a couple minutes and quit.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  8. Great100

Great100 Registered Member

That is really awesome. That is best banner Google has ever had.

9. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I am terrible at Pacman, but I swear this version is almost like google wants you to never end... The ghosts keep fleeing away from me?

I love when search engines does this as well. Google does this often, actually, but this one is just awesome...

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I just caught my boss playing.:lol: