• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Playing Old Games

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Do you go back to play games that are several years old, or more, that you haven't played before? How about ones you've beaten multiple times?

For me there is a plethora of now classic games that I enjoy playing to this day. I will also play an old game that I haven't beaten before. Currently I'm working through the classic Final Fantasy games on my tablet and I enjoy them greatly. I'm also going to play Chrono Trigger when I'm finished those.

I love going back and playing old Command and Conquer games, Diablo 2, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark. They are among my favorite games of all time and they don't feel dated to me at all.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I used to do it a lot more than I do now. For example, I bought A Link to the Past after beating Ocarina of Time. LTTP was already a classic game at that point. I also bought the original Legend of Zelda years after that even.

A few years ago I bought Donkey Kong 64 and played through most of the game for the first time.

I still play some of my older games on occasion. In a lot of ways I like them better than newer games. If I don't get a next gen console I'll probably be purchasing classic games more frequently.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I still have my old Super Nintendo and I love to play my old Power Ranger games. It's so awesomely nostalgic. I pretty much have all of my old SNES games:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Mortal Kombat 3
Street Fighter 2
Donkey Kong Country 2
Power Rangers
Power Rangers: The Movie
Sailor Moon R
Super Mario World

And there's a few more.

I also have my NES as well, although, I don't really play it that often because I don't have a whole bunch of games for it and plus I have to use a butter knife to pop out the game cartridge.

Also, I still love playing Streets of Rage 2 on my old Sega as well.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love to play new versions of old games. Like HD re-releases etc. I have played heaps of old PS2, PC games this way. The thing I find hard is that I only have a big 3D HDTV now, and when those old games were made they were designed for those little old boxxy TV's, so most of the time they look terrible on a big TV. So unless it's had a HD remake I don't play it often. I tried to play some old PS One games but it they looked so bad on a big TV that I couldn't play them. They might look better on the Vita actually, it's a smaller screen.

Bliss

Sally Twit
GTA III and Vice City are games I will play again and again.

I have a Sega collection for my XBOX, which includes all the Streets of Rage games, some Sonic, Golden Axe and Mean Bean Machine. I'll happily play them forever and never get bored.

Konshentz

Konshentz
There are a small number of old games that I still play from time to time, like Resident Evil 2 & Fallout 2. But for the most part, no, I don't play old games. The new games are just too good for me to waste my time on anything before this generation.

dDave

V.I.P.
I used to do it a lot more than I do now. For example, I bought A Link to the Past after beating Ocarina of Time. LTTP was already a classic game at that point. I also bought the original Legend of Zelda years after that even.

A few years ago I bought Donkey Kong 64 and played through most of the game for the first time.

I still play some of my older games on occasion. In a lot of ways I like them better than newer games. If I don't get a next gen console I'll probably be purchasing classic games more frequently.
Wait, you finished it? You should have told me! :)

I probably do more oldschool gaming than anybody else at this entire forum. Just last night I was playing Mario Kart 64 with friends.

There's nothing I love more than hooking up an old console and just going for it.

Oldschool consoles I have (with an exceptional number of popular titles included)
-NES
-SNES
-N64
-Gamecube (is this considered oldschool now :lol:)
-Sega Genesis
-Sega Saturn
-Playstation 2

I absolutely love oldschool gaming and believe that most new games can't hold a candle to the greatness of games from the 90s.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you're referring to DK64 then no I didn't finish it. I said I played through "most of the game." It was a fun game though and I'd like to go back and finish it. I think I got stuck somewhere and got bored trying to figure out what to do.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I go back and play both Phantasy Star II and IV often enough, I love both of them were both good rpgs. I play Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time at least twice a year just because it's that good of a game, and I still go back to SMT nocturne often just because it was probably one of the best rpgs of the ps2, at least in my opinion.