• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Players to be penalized for "Slam Dunk celebrations"

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
This is getting absolutely ridiculous:

@SportsCenter: NFL's head of officiating says players will be penalized for dunking on goalpost next season. (via @DanPatrickShow

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm fine with it. It was a 'meh' celebration anyway and didn't Jimmy Graham cause a delay by doing it last season?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
For fuck's sake, that's a staple along with the spiking the ball celebration. As a Cowboys fan who grew up watching Cowboys players do that celebration in the early 90s, this actually pisses me off.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
This is getting absolutely ridiculous:

@SportsCenter: NFL's head of officiating says players will be penalized for dunking on goalpost next season. (via @DanPatrickShow
Pathetic rule change. Smh. As someone already said, it's the No Fun League. They gotta stop this.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Graham did cause a delay of game since the goal post moved if I remember correctly, but come on? To my knowledge that was the first time it's ever happen and I'm sure the goal post has been dunk on over three thousand times.

NFL definitely stands for the No Fun League.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Ya know the NFL is quickly showing it's ugly side even more, I mean all these celebrations being cut, the expanded Thursday games, more Wild Card teams, seems like the NFL wants its players not to have fun, but get beat up more and like it.

The only thing I hate about the NFL is when they do stupid things like that. TD celebrations are the coolest parts of a game and they're taking them away, one by one. No Fun League stinks.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
NFL is taking all the individuality out of the game. I mean really it is still only a game. If the referees are tired of fixing the field goal poles after every celebration dunk..use some of the money from every other ridiculous fines and build stronger poles

Sabby

Lol, what a joke, pretty soon they might as wel juts have robots playing, since no one is allowed to be themselves anymore