• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Players Don't Wanna Play With Kobe

knickstape2107

Registered Member
The title says it all. Nobody wants to play w/ Kobe. Don't get me wrong, Kobe's a great player and a future first ballot Hall of Famer. BUT, everyone knows that you'll get less touches and points w/ Kobe. Also, before anyone blames Kobe, they'll blame everyone else and before they give any credit to everyone else, they'll give credit to Kobe. Nobody wants to play w/ that.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Where are you getting this information? This is what Pau just said about Kobe:

“We have a true friendship. We talked. He told me he will always support me. Our relationship goes beyond basketball. Our friendship is for life. He said he will always be there for me as I will be for him.”

GRector64

Registered Member
The Lakers issues all stem back to Stern's denying them Chris Paul. That decision hurt the team on the floor. Another factor is Jim Buss is not respected the way his father Dr.Jerry Buss was. Jeannie Buss should have been made the boss.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
This is just my opinion. Not a fact. But just listen to Laker fans and what they say about Kobe. All of what I said about less touches and recognition is true.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've heard Nelly say this same thing...yes the rapper haha

he and Stephen A Smith got into a heated argument about it. I kinda see where you and he are coming from

knickstape2107

Registered Member
The Millz said:
I've heard Nelly say this same thing...yes the rapper haha

he and Stephen A Smith got into a heated argument about it. I kinda see where you and he are coming from
Haha I remember watching that on First Take. I think it was right after Dwight left.

smh122

Registered Member
It's more of nobody is willing to play on a bad team where an aging injured player is taking up a boat load of cap space which constricts the franchise's ability to build a contender for multiple years. It doesn't help that Kobe is unwilling to hand over the reigns which is part of why Dwight left, but LA is still a major market where a lot of guys wouldn't mind playing and Kobe is still heavily respected. Just the circumstances doesn't make sense for many players right now

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
GRector64 said:
The Lakers issues all stem back to Stern's denying them Chris Paul. That decision hurt the team on the floor. Another factor is Jim Buss is not respected the way his father Dr.Jerry Buss was. Jeannie Buss should have been made the boss.
Jim Buss is a major thorn in the Laker's side, he really isn't good with the team. Nothing like his dad was.