• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Play by play and colour commentary for Rogers?!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
More hires are to be made for all the hockey games are going to broadcast. Who would you like them hire as their play by play and colour commentators?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I really don't have favorite announcers, just ones I don't wanna listen to.

So. Having said that. I really. Would prefer it. If. Rogers. Communications. Opts not. To bring in. Bob. Cole. To call games. On. Hockey Night. In Canada. That'd be swell.

I've always had a soft spot for Jim Hughson since he used to do the video game when I was growing up, so I'd like to see him call games. His voice is awesome.

StroShow

V.I.P.
BJBirdy said:
I really don't have favorite announcers, just ones I don't wanna listen to.

So. Having said that. I really. Would prefer it. If. Rogers. Communications. Opts not. To bring in. Bob. Cole. To call games. On. Hockey Night. In Canada. That'd be swell.

I've always had a soft spot for Jim Hughson since he used to do the video game when I was growing up, so I'd like to see him call games. His voice is awesome.
I used to be Hughson fan but nowadays not so much. He just doesn't seem to care as much anymore. I would love for them to steal Gord Miller as I think he's one of the best, same as Chris Cuthbert. As for Bob Cole, he should be doing play by play until the day he dies...OH BABYYYYYY!!!

Sabby

Gord Miller, Bob Cole, Chris Cuthbert and Mark Lee would be my play-by-play guys. For colour, Gary Galley, (he's grown on me) Ray Ferrerro, and well anyone else really since its the play-by-play guy that sells the game

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I like Bob Cole but you can see the years are catching him. Long pauses, always the wrong names... I mean he once called a black Subban a white Markov cause he can not tell 79 from 76... and that was before markov and Subban played together.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
I like Bob Cole but you can see the years are catching him. Long pauses, always the wrong names... I mean he once called a black Subban a white Markov cause he can not tell 79 from 76... and that was before markov and Subban played together.
A senile Bob Cole is always the best Bob Cole. The best is when the action is up and down the ice and he's like " what's going on". It started in the Penguins/Montreal series in 2010, and now it's become a household quote lol.

Sabby

Dickey's Flow said:
Crypticshock said:
A senile Bob Cole is always the best Bob Cole. The best is when the action is up and down the ice and he's like " what's going on". It started in the Penguins/Montreal series in 2010, and now it's become a household quote lol.
AS much as people harp on him, I'll be sad when he eventually retires or passes away. I've heard him almost every Saturday for the last 25 years.

BadNewsJays

Bob Cole is awful. I remember in the 2012 playoffs, Ottawa was playing NYR in the first round. Gonchar was in the penalty box, and Karlsson came rushing up the ice. Called him Gonchar at least three times. He's also a huge Habs and Leafs homer.

Although, it was nice to hear his heart break in round one last year

StroShow

V.I.P.
BadNewsJays said:
Bob Cole is awful. I remember in the 2012 playoffs, Ottawa was playing NYR in the first round. Gonchar was in the penalty box, and Karlsson came rushing up the ice. Called him Gonchar at least three times. He's also a huge Habs and Leafs homer.

Although, it was nice to hear his heart break in round one last year
As we stated earlier that's what makes him so special, but I do understand why some can't stand the guy. I feel the same way with Garry Galley and Dean brown.