Plaxico Burress suspended 1 game

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that Plaxico Burress has been suspended one game by the Giants because of insubordination.

Burress failed to show up for a team meeting Monday and he wouldn't answer his phone Tuesday. When Burress met with Tom Coughlin Wednesday, his excuse for missing the time during New York's bye week didn't fly. Burress will be suspended without pay this week and miss Week 5 against Seattle. Amani Toomer and Steve Smith get extra value against the Seahawks if you need a bye week fill-in.
What a stupid move this is by Burress...you'd think by now he'd have his head on straight. The Giants are making quite the statement here and I applaud them for it.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Well, I guess they aren't going to put up with the prima donnas anymore. Hopefully the other teams will take head of this.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand why Burress would do this, he got the big contract that he wanted, he's getting a lot of balls thrown to him, his team is currently 3-0, and he's coming off a super bowl win. Doesn't make sense why he would skip out on practice.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I don't understand why Burress would do this, he got the big contract that he wanted, he's getting a lot of balls thrown to him, his team is currently 3-0, and he's coming off a super bowl win. Doesn't make sense why he would skip out on practice.

Plaxico cites Allen Iverson as a role model.

YouTube - Allen Iverson talks about PRACTICE.

for those that are too young to remember.

Last edited:

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
He said there was some sort of family emgerency but that doesnt mean you dont call your employer to tell them where you are!