Plans with your ex.

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Impact, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Say you and your ex booked a trip overseas, or bought tickets to a band you both liked, and then broke up before the event. Would you still go to the event as planned? Or would you give up the event completely? If you chose to give up the event, how much money would you be willing to throw away before you'd just suck it up and go along anyway?

For me I think I would be willing to give up tickets to see a band, especially if my ex liked the band more than me. Either that or take a ticket each and find someone else to go with. As for the trip overseas, i'd go along. No way would I give up spending that much.

2. TFHawk

TFHawk Registered Member

For me, it would depend on the ex. There's one ex that no matter what, I'd be comfortable keeping the original plans. As for the other, there's two scenarios:

1) Give it up so that I wouldn't have to see her again
    2) Go as planned so that I might have the chance to ruin her fun as well

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It depends how the relationship ended, if it ended badly, I would not go to the concert, but I would go overseas, BUT it doesn't mean I have to go same places as her, I can be in my own part of the country and she can be on the other side.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends on how the relationship ended. However, if I had a ticket to a band I liked, I'd still go. We don't need to go together anyway. I'm not going to sacrifice seeing my fave band because of my ex, haha.

As for the trip overseas, again it depends on how the relationship ended an if we're with another now. That would determine the awkwardness of being together on a trip. At most, maybe I'd agree to being together on the plane (I can always choose a seat far from him) and have my own plans after. Because I really like traveling. :lol:

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

If it didn't end on great terms then I would probably end up selling the ticket, whatever it was for, to one of his friends. I would discuss it with the ex though and see how they felt about us still going ahead with the original plans.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Hmmm I'd say from there the relationship would be more like a friend or business style of relationship and I'd tell her "if you want the ticket you can have it.... for such and such price".

I mean seriously, just because you were together doesnt mean they should automatically have first stake in all your things. Nowadays concert tickets are up there and chances are you probably spent about 120 bucks to get decent seats for the two of you to that particular concert. So asking for at least the 60 bucks for yours in my opinion is not out of line.

7. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

First of all, it depends on how things ended. Most of the time, things will ended badly.

If it was a trip overseas, I would say.. take some other bitch with you.

If it was tickets to a concert of a band I really liked, I would still go. Doesn't mean we would have to go together.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

If it was tickets for a holiday I'd still go and if we were really on ugly terms then I'd tell him to spend his holiday alone and I'll spend it alone. I'd try and get a different room from him and still enjoy myself as it was all paid for.
    As for gig tickets, I wouldn't go because I'd hate to go alone and I'd hate to go with someone I wasn't getting along with.

9. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I'd go to the overseas trip and enojy myself far away from the ex.
    I'd also go to the concert, as long as I had someone else to go with, if not I'd sell it.

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Well as many people have said, it would depend on how the last relationship ended.

For instance, if it were with my ex husband, I would go to both, no problem.

If it were my last boyfriend, I wouldn't go to either. I would probably end up in jail for assault if I were in his vicinity for very long.