• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Plans for Christmas?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Christmas is one-week away; what do you have planned?

I will be going to a Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve (friends of my brother's in-laws) then I will be heading to my brother' in-laws, play a game, have a few craft beers. I will be sleeping there and then the next morning they make a big breakfast and we start opening presents.

In the afternoon, I will go to my parents house for some lunch, exchange gifts, spend a few hours there, then head to another Christmas party for another Christmas dinner. It's a hectic day, but I love it, and would not change any of it.

Pepper

Registered Member
I am going to be the "turkey maker" this year for the first time, so a bunch of my friends will be at my place. We will celebrate and drink till we drop. Hopefully the turkey will be good :D

I still can't comprehend why or how I eat so much on Christmas day/eve, but I just love every aspect of it. I will deal with the extra weight later LOL.

Impaired

Registered Member
It is one of my favorite times of year. My grown, one married with 2 daughters and the other engaged, we had to trade off holidays with the other in laws.

We managed to snag Christmas. The 26th is my oldest granddaughter's birthday so the two girls sleep over Christmas night. I make pancakes into animal shapes for her birthday breakfast. We eat lots of strawberries. Life is good.

We didn't get to have a family Thanksgiving, so we do that dinner on Christmas.

It is sad there are no kids waking me up, but by mid-morning we have them all at our house and it is magical.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is one of my favorite times of year. My grown, one married with 2 daughters and the other engaged, we had to trade off holidays with the other in laws.
How do you find that? My parents' won't admit it, but I think it bothers them a bit that me and my brother do the same.

*My brother's in-laws treat me like a son-in-law, so I get invited to most holiday dinners. Very thankful.

Impaired

Registered Member
How do you find that? My parents' won't admit it, but I think it bothers them a bit that me and my brother do the same.

*My brother's in-laws treat me like a son-in-law, so I get invited to most holiday dinners. Very thankful.
It is not hard for me, much harder on the wife. I grew up with no family closer than 3000 miles away. Holidays were always just us, mom dad and 5 kids.

It works for us. I can't fault the in laws for wanting the family close. I feel fortunate that I get to have the kids for almost all of Christmas day and the day after.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Christmas Eve will be spent with my father's side of the family, like every year. And on Christmas Day, it's my mother's side of my family, at my folks' house like every year. Always looking forward to it since it's the only time of the year I pretty much see all of my cousins.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Well it should be snowing on Christmas Day. Maria and I will go outside and we're going to make snowmen. . We're going to pretend it's a soldier. Then we will take M180's and throw them at it to see how far this snow is going to fly. . Its kind of like combining Christmas with Fourth of July. Two birds in one stone. . People will ask us in Forth of July why we are not outside? We will tel them we already celebrated that on Christmas Day. :eek:

Now for real we will be at home. We live in the Chicago area. . Since her parents passed away several years ago her brothers and sister don't gather for holidays anymore. . Everyone stays at home with their families. . So we are deciding whether we want ham with side dishes or to order a pizza that is open year round. . We're going to watch that movie Frozen. It's considered in the top ten list of best all time animated movies with an Emmy award winning song. . Since it's cold is a good time to watch this one. . Or else we will watch it on Christmas Eve. Maybe or maybe not her brother will call. She turns on the speaker and both of us can talk to him.