Plane Terror Plot Disrupted

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Pugz, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/10082006/140/plane-terror-plot-disrupted.html

Basically what happened was (As far as i know) police arrested some guys when they suspected they were involved in a terrorist plot...and they were.

Most major airports; Heathrow, Manchester and a few others have cancelled in and out going flights to and from the USA and Europe, some have only been suspended and drastic measures have been taken.

Now, carry-ons can only include:
    • Wallets
    • Purses
    • Keys
    • Passports and other flight documents
    • Baby Care products
    • Glasses (without cases)
    • And medication
    All carry-ons must also be placed in a see through plastic bag and all luggage must be checked.

So what's everyones oppinion on the matter? Will one slip by and succeed or will police stop them in time? Will we have another 9/11 on our hands?

Personally, i think someone will cock up somewhere and 1 will slip through, if they haven't already done so. There's got to be people on the inside too. It's pretty weird to think that we're no longer safe on one of the most safest modes of transport that allows us to travel great distances.

2. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

Nah, the "terror alert" and news is just hyping up a story to get people afraid and boost their ratings. It's all a matter of fear. I feel just as safe as I did yesterday and I'm about to have to fly back home. It'll be fine.

3. Gitana

Gitana Guest

I agree, and we're flying on the 15th. We've heard the boy crying wolf for so long that it loses it's ability to create a response.

Of more concern may be the 15 Egyptian students that went missing here in the US a few days ago.

The rest of the world has been dealing with terrorism on their home ground for decades; we were just geographically lucky to be located away from everybody we pi**ed off.

Times change, and now we'll have to get used to the idea, because sooner or later - unless we drastically change our aggressive foreign policies - sooner or later it's going to happen again. Maybe not as big as 9-11, but it will happen again.

4. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

Preety crazy stuff, imagine all those thousands of people who were going to die today :(, im thankful that the UK government stoped those guys, well we are currently on "red" mode or whatever, well its not like im going anywhere so the traveling thing doesnt really affect me much. Well now things are going to even be tighter, meaning the security and saftey precautions..
    I dont think this is the end of it sadly, there will probably be more plots like these, I just hope they get stopped.

3 were caught, One student was arrested in Minnesota, and two others surrendered to authorities in New Jersey. So I guess they are still 8 left? because they said 11 were missing.. preety stupid of them to not show up for class...

5. Gitana

Gitana Guest

Do you know anymore about that? What were they arrested for?

6. BigBlue

7. The Comrade

The Comrade Guest

considering they only found 21 of the 50 suspected people i feel that something is probably oging to happen. it might not be on a plane but maybe they'll detonate in the terminal? or something. regardless i think it's good that they've caught them.

speaking of terror plots, has anyone heard the news that there is supposed to be a terror attack in america on august 22?

8. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

No i haven't heard that? Got any more info about it?

9. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

Who? What? When? Where? and Why?

10. BigBlue

yea I heard some stuff about that same date, august 22 ,mostley some rumors and stuff on this one radio show, "coast to coast"... supposedly something bigs going to happen that day and probably not going to be good. :(