Plane Hijack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright lets say you guys where flying to Boston or New York, doesn't really matter where. Let's say five people try to hijack the plane, and they tell you they'll be crashing it in to the World Trade Center. What would you personally do, and be serious and honest on this topic. Would you try and combat the hijackers, or you would hide in your seat.

Personally I know I am not the biggest guy in the world, but I would talk to a few other people, and say we should try and take these people down, an try to save ourselves. I am not saying be like a hero or anything, but I rather fight them and have a little chance of surviving then dying right away.

Once again be serious and honest.

2. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I'd talk with the people around me, and wage war against them... our plastic knives and forks against their box cutters and nail clippers! The epic fight would go on, with other folks in their seats helping us as we begin to gain ground. Eventually, the terrorists give up and return disgruntled to their seats where they are arrested promptly after landing.

Or I might hide... I can see myself doing either, and it would probably depend on the exact circumstance.

3. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

I'm not dying on a plane without going down in a fight.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd be scared shitless at first, afraid they would kill me. However, I'd probably come to the conclusion that I would die if I didn't try and stop them. I'd try to form some general group and plan of attack once I recovered from my shot nerves.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's no doubt that eveyone who's put in this situation would be scrared shitless. But you got to realize that you have pride and you won't allow those terrorist get away by taking your life away. Like I said I'd take the fight to them, am I saying it would make a difference? Who knows there's only one way to find out and that's by bringing the fight to them.

6. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

Vince: Our absurd airline policies have robbed passengers of any obvious weapons to be used against such terrorists... You didn't say what these fictious Muslim terrorists in your example would be armed with (?)... however several options still exist...a mass of passengers rushing them might just do the trick... a single person wouldn't have much chance... however... after thinking about this awhile I would imagine that any terrorist trying to hijack a flight in America today would be beat to death by frustrated Americans that have had it up to their ying yang with foolish security requlations... nothing would relieve this quite like beating the living crap out of a Muslim extremist hijacker... I feat that said hijacker would be stomped to death by irate old ladies who ave been inconvenienced to death by airline regs!!!

I like the old way actually... the old People Express airlines that operated in New England in the early 1980s collected fees onboard, had little or no security onboard, and most of the folks and paying passengers on these planes (DC-8s) were armed in some way (there was no metal detectors back then)... in fact... I recall several flights from MA up to Manchester and Portland in the Autumn when weekend deer hunters would fly People Express and carried their rifles as check-in baggage!!! You could also smoke on planes back then....Primo flights! No hijackings on those flights... hell a terrorist would die of perforation illness before he yelled "Allah"!

That's ancient history... now we have a bunch of pacifist sissies running our American airlines...

Want to know what to do with a hijacker? Ask the Israeli Airline Pilots... I love the setup they have in Israel for airlines...not only do they profile they actively profile!!! And it works!!!

IntheNet

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

yeah I would be scared as hell at first. Then after I've calmed down, I'd get a pillow or something so I don't get stabbed directly through my body and try and tackle them. I sure don't want to die without doing anything.

I'd also see where the air marshall is...

8. Mecha

Mecha Guest

I would probably stay in my seat, wondering WTF I should do. If they are focused terrorists, they have probably done something or shout in a convincing way to discourage "heroes".

I wonder if putting giving a large number of tasers to people on the plane would do the trick. Except for that nasty problem of a terrorist group using on-board hostages, so you'd be killing someone/people by playing hero, possibly.

Then again, it isn't the smart ones that actually have to do the hijacks, is it?

~Mecha

9. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

Why do they gotta be muslim thats messed up =P

I like how all of you say your going to talk with people around you and try to do something about it. Sure you could talk about doing stuff about with other passengers, but how are you going to get them listen, will you suddenly become a fabulous leader in this face of danger? You could be, but I doubt it unless you already are a leader, your more likely going to tend to sit where you are and wait for someone eles to take charge.

Now I'm not saying I'm a leader. I'm just crazy, I love to pick fights and look for fights. Also I hate being opressed and being told what to do, I've walked out of many jobs and classes because people have tried to tell me what to do. So naturally I'd get up instantly and start a fight, with back up or not.

However now a days, most people on a plane if its being hijacked will attack the terrorists. It used to be hijackings people weren't killed usually, but with 9/11 thats changed, and people won't let that happen again.

10. Think of of it this way. Go balls up and fight for whats yours. the only thing that can come out of it is good in the end. sure the plane may go down with you and everyone else in it. but look what you accomplished. you have saved hundreds possibly thousands of loves all for the greater good and doing it for no other reason than to show your self that you have some guts. "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."