• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Plain White Kanye West T-Shirt for $120 Selling Out!!

wooly

I am the woolrus
A completely plain white T-shirt is currently selling fast and selling OUT even though it retails for €120 dollars... Purely because it is "designed" by Kanye West. Here's a look at this absolutely amazing piece of designer clothing:

In fairness, that is one hell of a white T-shirt. A thing of beauty. Well worth the money :lol:

Source: Kanye West T-shirt sells out despite costing 120 dollars

SuiGeneris

blue 3
This...this is why I can't stand pop culture. I bet you could go to K-mart and find a shirt that fits better and is more comfortable for 10 bucks. Blech

Side Note: I love Gene Hackman

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This is capitalism at it's best. A moron creates the most basic shirt he can, slaps his name on it, and gets even richer. I want to hate him for it but I can't. He's just taking advantage of the system.

dDave

V.I.P.
Stuff like this really does make me raise an eyebrow and contemplate things. It does confirm my theory that people like to have things just as a status symbol though.

Are you telling me that a shirt is worth 12x it's normal price because it's Kanye branded? I'd be hesitant to buy thing thing if it was actually signed by Kanye himself (though I do suppose that would actually be worth something).

Anyway, it's a standard white T-shirt, it doesn't even have a cool design on it or anything. This is capitalism though, he has every right to sell it, and all those idiots that buy it have every right to do so. :lol:

Konshentz

Konshentz
This is capitalism at it's best. The greatest rapper alive creates the most basic shirt he can, slaps his name on it, and gets even richer. I want to hate him for it but I can't. He's just taking advantage of the system.
Fixed.

It's a stupid thing to spend $120 on but hey, the world is filled with stupid people... this shouldn't surprise anyone.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Fixed.

It's a stupid thing to spend $120 on but hey, the world is filled with stupid people... this shouldn't surprise anyone.
Greatest...rapper...alive?! Whut?

Wade8813

Registered Member
I do kind of blame Kanye for it, mostly because he could have easily just put his name on there somewhere to give himself more of an ego boost, and to get even more money from it.

Also, I have to agree with Sui - there's no way Kanye is the greatest rapper alive. In fact, I'd take it a step further and say he doesn't even make the list of top rappers.

Konshentz

Konshentz
:lol: I didn't expect anyone to take that seriously.

Top list of what... 10? 15? If you don't think he makes one of those for active, breathing rappers... you're the one that's nuts.

Wade8813

Registered Member
:lol: I didn't expect anyone to take that seriously.

Top list of what... 10? 15? If you don't think he makes one of those for active, breathing rappers... you're the one that's nuts.
I don't know you well enough to know how to take it.

And no, I wouldn't put him in any top list. I think I've probably heard two songs from him that I liked (although to be fair, I've only listened to one of his albums, plus various singles). Even if I was making a top 100 list, eventually I would run out of names to include, and Kanye still wouldn't be on the list.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Not surprising that someone with as massive an ego as him would try this or that people would be pants-on-head-retarded enough to pay that kind of money for a $3 t-shirt with a $117 label on the neck. People are sheep and believe that someone these things are going to make them better or more appealing people.