• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PK Subban contract talks?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I just think it's much easier to think that way after his Norris trophy win and possibly another this season. Let me ask you this, don't you think that two year deal gave PK Subban that extra motivation to mature and become the player we all believed he could be?

TORHABSFAN

Dickey's Flow said:
I just think it's much easier to think that way after his Norris trophy win and possibly another this season. Let me ask you this, don't you think that two year deal gave PK Subban that extra motivation to mature and become the player we all believed he could be?
Not really no. I think PK wants to get paid like everyone else, but I don't believe that is what ultimatley drives him. I think back to watching the guy in Junior and at the World Juniors. The guy was/is always jacked up to play. I saw him at the ACC at a pre tournement game had seats right by the bench. I could see it in him all game. it was all over his face and body language this guy is driven internally. This guy has the drive and will to be the best.

This might sound dumb to some but I honestly think PK is driven by wanting to be the best. I think that is what motivates him not just a paycheck. I honestly believe that had he received that 5 year deal rather than the bridge deal he still would have had the same year. I think he wasn't playing for a paycheck but rather playing for respect. respect from the media, the fans and the experts who still doubt him. I believe this team Canada thing is driving him big time right now. He is dead set on proving to everyone that he is far and away the very best defencemen in the NHL not just last, year or this year but of our generation. He wants to be the next Bobby Orr and he wants to win Stanley Cups thats what makes PK a Norris trophy winner not a paycheck.

That's just my opinion but I have scene lots of guys play for a contract I don't see the same look in their eyes.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I've heard the 5.3B Roger's TV deal does not affect the cap until 3 years form now. 3 Years from now... they expect a 80+ cap ceiling. 65+ floor. Good luck, Florida.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Hockey 14
Crypticshock Hockey 0
Crypticshock Hockey 4
StroShow Hockey 17
L Hockey 10