• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PK Subban contract talks?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
With all these talks about Phaneuf next contract being worth 7 to 7.5 million a year it worries me how much Subban is going to demand. Phaneuf is a good defensive player, but I think we can all agree that overall, Subban is a better player.

So, in your opinion, what do you believe Subban is going to make per year for his next contract? And, how many years?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
7.5-8.5M for 8 years and he's worth every cent. Sign him now MB before the HRR gets out of hand and you'd need $10M to lock a player like this up!

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Nick Kypreos, I KNOW I AM SAD I AM WATCHING SPORTSNET TOO, just reported that Habs brass are warming up to a long term contract. Nick expects 8 years at $65-70M.

GET IT DONE!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Phaneuf at 7.5 is rediculous IMO...Subban not so much. He'll eventually sign but for what amount is still unknown. As a GM I don't surrender to his demands but I also don't piss him off. I do agree with Cryps though, PK needs to be signed ASAP as future deals involving Gallagher and Galcheynuk will cost the Habs a penny or two.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
No. They need to sign Subban ASAP because they will know the cap numbers in the next couple of weeks. If the cap ceiling is massively increased... Subban can demand even more money which creates more problems for the next crop of young guys that need to be signed. Sign Subban to a big contract now and it will look like a discount in 3 years.

They are close to announcing EVERY outdoor game as a sale out. An outdoor game brings in enough gate revenue to pay for about 5-6 home games. The Detroit outdoor game will bring in +10M itself, and that is not counting the alumni games (2). I'd wager that these outdoor games will bring in about $25M in gate revenue. That's just tickets sold...

P.S. I really want to buy a LA Kings out door game jersey, fuck are they ever awesome!

TORHABSFAN

If I am MB I am offering him 8 years at 8 mil per right now and praying that he signs it. He can't afford to fuck around any longer. As already stated once the cap for next year is announced it's going to get ugly. 5.3 bil rogers deal and 6 outdoor games.. this cap could be scary.

MB already screwed him self with insisting on a 2 year deal before. If he had just given PK what he wanted back then we would have had him under contract for 3 or 4 more years at 5 mil per.

STOP BEING A JACKASS AND GIVE THE MAN WHAT HE WANTS BEFORE YOU END UP GIVING HIM MORE!

StroShow

V.I.P.
TORHABSFAN said:
If I am MB I am offering him 8 years at 8 mil per right now and praying that he signs it. He can't afford to fuck around any longer. As already stated once the cap for next year is announced it's going to get ugly. 5.3 bil rogers deal and 6 outdoor games.. this cap could be scary.

MB already screwed him self with insisting on a 2 year deal before. If he had just given PK what he wanted back then we would have had him under contract for 3 or 4 more years at 5 mil per.

STOP BEING A JACKASS AND GIVE THE MAN WHAT HE WANTS BEFORE YOU END UP GIVING HIM MORE!
I had no issue with Bergevin's two year deal with Subban. Sure it looks bad now, but at the time it was the right move. I had all the faith in the world in PK's abilities but he was still a wild card back then. You couldn't give in to his demands and throw him money bags.

TORHABSFAN

Dickey's Flow said:
TORHABSFAN said:

I had no issue with Bergevin's two year deal with Subban. Sure it looks bad now, but at the time it was the right move. I had all the faith in the world in PK's abilities but he was still a wild card back then. You couldn't give in to his demands and throw him money bags.
Completely disgree bud. I was pissed at the 2 year deal then and I'm pissed at it now. I flat out knew this would happen. 5 or 6 years at 5mil would have been a freaking steal for PK.

I didn't see him as a wild card then as you did. I saw him as a star in the making who was already at the time the teams best defencemen.

StroShow

V.I.P.
TORHABSFAN said:
Dickey's Flow said:
TORHABSFAN said:

Completely disgree bud. I was pissed at the 2 year deal then and I'm pissed at it now. I flat out knew this would happen. 5 or 6 years at 5mil would have been a freaking steal for PK.

I didn't see him as a wild card then as you did. I saw him as a star in the making who was already at the time the teams best defencemen.
I don't think a new General Manager would've acted any other way with the negotiations. You can't come in a new front office and immediately give in to a players demands..the rest of the players will just walk all over you. Plus, wasn't he asking for than 5 millipn and more like seven years in terms of length?

TORHABSFAN

I get that you can't just give in... but when the ask makes sense for the club as his did.. then you should work of that frame work. If PK was asking for 5-6 years at 5 to 5.5... then It would have made sense to counter with 6 years at 4.75 or something like that.. What didn't make any sense was to demand he took a bridge deal that would end up costing the team so much more in just 2 years which is now the case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Hockey 14
Crypticshock Hockey 0
Crypticshock Hockey 4
StroShow Hockey 17
L Hockey 10