• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pixels Movie Trailer Released

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Eh, looks okay. Maybe a rental somewhere down the line. My biggest problem with it? Adam Sandler. That guy is just AWFUL. How does he keep getting work? Ugh.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Okay so I heard about this movie on the morning show that I listen to and I thought cool, sounds pretty sweet and ingenius.

Then I watched the trailer...might be one of the lamest things I've ever seen and I love classic games. I dunno, the trailer didn't help me get excited about it...it did the opposite.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan either. If the humor in the trailer is any indication of what the movie is like, then it's probably not my kind of thing. But my love of classic video games has me at least a tiny bit intrigued. Definitely not something I'd pay to see in the theater though.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not crazy about Adam Sandler either. I might watch this someday either by renting it or when it hits TV but won't pay to see it in a theater.

dDave

V.I.P.
It looks like a Ghostbusters. Ironic, because the 4 main characters are technically the "ghosts" haha.

I'm sure I'll see this but it does look kind of stupid. I'm not expecting another Wreck it Ralph with this one.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I saw this trailer several more times today while watching March Madness, and I have to say, the more I see it, the worse it looks. I'm not sure I'd even watch it when it makes it to TV.

Stego

Registered Member
I echo most of what's said above. This is largely Sandler led, from his long time collaborator Tim Herlihy co-creating the screenplay to the fact that it's a Happy Madison Products film. It irks me enough when a producer feels the need to star in his/her own film, but it just sends me over the edge when someone like Sandler keeps getting his way. Kevin James is meh for me, but he's done a few things that show range. If there is anything good in the film, it will come from director Chris Columbus, the man who wrote The Goonies. I love the concept, but I think it's a little undercooked.