• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pixar's Inside Out

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.

I have high hopes for this film, it looks amazing. While I think Pixar's latest films like Brave and Monster's University have been good, they haven't been up to the really high standard that Pixar set for themselves in titles such as Toy Story 3, Up and Wall-E. (Le'ts just pretend like the Cars films don't exist).

Could this film see the return of Pixar greatness?

Konshentz

Konshentz
It looks cute. It's got a few people I like in it. I'm sure this will make a ton of money. I may give it a go down the road, on DVD or a download. I just hope Lewis Black's part is small (I know it won't be).

I haven't watched a Pixar movie since Toy Story 3.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The first reviews are coming out from Cannes and so far critics are loving it. Many people are saying that a lot of it will go over the top of kids heads, but they will find it enjoyable while there is a lot in there for adults. Which is good, Pixar's best films have all be the ones that have a lot in them for the adult audience.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, it's definitely smart of them to add some stuff for the adults. Nothing is worse than getting dragged to a movie with a niece or nephew and for it to be completely kiddy and awful. Haha.

I was just looking at the upcoming list of Pixar films...

The Good Dinosaur
Finding Dory
Toy Story 4

I think I'm most interested in Finding Dory. Can't believe it'll be 13 years since the first one by the time that hits theaters. Finding Nemo is definitely one of my favorites.

I think Toy Story 4 is completely unneeded. They made a near flawless animated trilogy and that just wasn't good enough.

I don't know much (anything really) about The Good Dinosaur but I really like dinosaurs, so it's got me intrigued just off the title. Haha.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I think The Good Dinosaur is about a world where dinosaurs never went extinct and they live alongside humans or something.

And I agree with you about Toy Story, as a trilogy those films are perfect, they better not ruin it with a fourth. But who knows, when the original Toy Story was released it was a huge hit and they never planned any sequels then, but then the 2nd and 3rd ended up being amazing. The third is actually my favourite out of all of them.

I'm nervous for Finding Dory as well. I love the character Dory, but Finding Nemo is close to my favourite Pixar film. It's so flawless I just love it, I find it hard to imagine how they could top, or even equal that film.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I saw this yesterday, this is really an amazing film, easily one of Pixar's finest. It's been a few years since they delivered a movie this good. I recommend it to everyone.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't think they needed a Toy Story 4 either but you bet your ass I'll be watching it anyway.

I have seen advertisements for this film and I thought it looked good and clever. Not sure if I'll see it or not yet though.