• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Pittsburgh Pirates vs. St Louis Cardinals

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should be a terrific series. Both teams played well this season, and at one point they were neck and neck for the division title.

Both teams have great starting pitching, great defense and have some pretty solid bats. They definitely match up pretty well.

Use this thread to discuss about the Pirates vs Cardinals.

willge87

Registered Member
The Pirates have been a great story, but the Cardinals are one solid baseball team who has been here plenty of times before. I think that Pittsburgh's time will come, but it will not be in 2013. The Cardinals advance.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The pirates have exceeded expectations all year long. The only thing they couldn't do is hold off the Cardinals for the NL Central title. This series will go the distance IMO but the Cardinals experience will take over in the final game. Really looking forward to this one as I'll be rooting for Morneau, as for the other "Canadian" Russell Martin, he betrayed his country.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obviously I am very much interested in this series and I hope its a good matchup.

People didn't think the Cardinals were this good (tied with Boston for best record in MLB) and I don't think people thought Pittsburgh would do THIS well either.

Cards toss Wainwright in Game 1 and Lance Lynn in Game 2 at home.

Sherlander

I love division rivalry playoff match ups. I'm so stoked for this series. I'm rooting hard for the Bucs.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The Millz said:
Welcome to the postseason, Pittsburgh.

Sorry about that.
Lets face it, no one was expecting them beating Adam Wainwright! Game 2 will be a better indication which way this series is going to go. Not taking anything away from the Cardinals, but it's far from over.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dickey's Flow said:
Lets face it, no one was expecting them beating Adam Wainwright! Game 2 will be a better indication which way this series is going to go. Not taking anything away from the Cardinals, but it's far from over.
To me it was less about them hitting Wainwright as it was us hitting Burnett. Everyone is up the Pirates asses because they're the feel good story but all that momentum is now gone.

But yes, its still waaaaay early. But fuck that was fun.

Lynn vs Cole is still advantage St Louis.