Pittsburgh Penguins Fire Head Coach

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by ATARIGUY, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

February 16, 2009

PITTSBURGH —

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Please put a source in your thread.

This doesn't surprise me one bit, the Penguins are definitely under achieving, and they should be contending for first place in the Eastern Conference.

Should be interesting to see if they can change things around with a new coach.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

yeah theres simply no excuse for the Pens to be as mediocre as they are this season. With the extreme talent they've got up front in the middle and in the back they should be running away with the Eastern Conference. So now the question is, who takes the bench as Head Coach? TO be honest I cant even think of who's out there. Maybe an appearance from Mario Lemieux for the rest of the season until they get someone else signed?

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, it doesn't look it made a difference because the Penguins lost to the Islanders in a shootout yesterday. I really hope this Penguins team misses the playoffs. I don't really like them a lot.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

this didn't really surprise me since they've been debating moving him out since the summer when Hossa didn't re-sign. i think they are overloaded with top players. too many good players can ruin a team. plus lets face it, this was Fluery's first full season and he just couldn't carry the weight left by crosbitch.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Looks like Dan Bylsma was promoted from the minor league affiliant.

Its amazing how the mighty fall. He takes a team to the minors, gets an extension and then gets fired. Sucks to be a coach sometimes.