Pistons signs Nazr Mohammed

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

ESPN.com - ESPN's Ric Bucher is reporting that the Detroit Pistons will add free agent center Nazr Mohammed to their team for next season.

Terms of the contract are unavailable, but speculated to be at around $30 million over 5 years.

Mohammed played in 80 games for San Antonio last season, averaging 6.2 points and 5.2 rebounds.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41300/20060704/pistons_sign_mohammed/

2. RajaB

RajaB Guest

NM will be excellent for the team pistons since they lost Big B but I think they over paid him. hes going to get old soon and hes not even that good of a player. they should lower 6 mil a year to around 4 million

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree that's a little to much for him, and also is problem is that he's streaky sometimes he'll play really well, and get double doubles, and the other times he'll get a few points and a few rebounds. But it's still a good signing not the less.

4. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

This is a great setback, but i dont want to hear that the pistons will not be a good team. They will still be trying to go for the 'chip next season no question. They bounced back with Narz but they still have a allstar point guard, shooting guard, and powerforward. They need bench and quality veterans. And they can get 50 wins piece of cake.