• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Piranha Caught In Lake Bentonville

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Army Corps Engineer Alan Bland said they find piranhas in local lakes often. He said people will dump their aquariums when they are tired of taking care of the fish.
http://5newsonline.com/2015/05/03/piranha-caught-in-lake-bentonville-woman-says/

Maybe they won't attack swimmers because of the cold but I think they might be wrong about piranhas not being able to survive in colder water for very long. There have been tests done and seems they can survive down to 50 degree water, albeit not well. If a lake is spring fed then that would provide warm enough water for them to survive in.

Wish people would stop dumping their aquariums. If you are tired of them give them to someone or kill them.

Thoughts?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Piranhas won't normally go after a swimmer. That shouldn't be a problem.

The problem is people dumping their so called 'pets'.