Pinning Smileys?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Chaos, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I was wondering if there's any way to introduce a new system for the smileys. Currently the standard ones are to the right of the advanced editor; is there a way we could change that? I think it'd be a lot better if we could choose the ones we wanted up there since I don't use half of those, and instead either have to memorise the name or open the Smileys window.

I just figure it'd be a lot better if we could pin up our own choices. :dunno:

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

3. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Now we just have to get Brixy's attention. :lol:

4. LittleGlassVial

LittleGlassVial Registered Member

If it helps at all or means anything, I support this idea. Wholeheartedly. It's a good idea.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You can start stripping Chaos.

Although the current smiley set up doesn't bother me, I like the idea of being able to change it.

6. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I think this is a neat idea. I'd also like to be able to see the smilies in Quick Reply, too. Not just in Go Advanced.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I had suggested this exact thing a couple months back. I dont recall what thread it was in or if it was its own thing.

But I even so much as did screen shots and edited it to show him what I wanted. Pretty much the same as you said, a "custom" smiley box. Considering I use the ones like :hah: alot... that way I could just set that as one of my custom smileys and have it there at all times instead of either memorizing the code or having to open up the full list of smileys.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's been brought up before but right now I can't think of a practical way of doing it on a per member basis. :shake:

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yep, I remember your thread. It's a thread of its own and posted in the VIP. And Hybrix pretty much said the same thing. But hey, we can still dream. :lol:

10. Mr_Sausage

Mr_Sausage New Member

I agree with NINnerd that the smilies should be there without having to go advanced. I don't know how often other people choose to go advanced but I rarely do it when posting in forums.