• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

pingme cross platform texting app

Iris

rainbow 11!
Hey guys. Danny and I both have pingme. It is a messaging app that doesn't use texting but data instead. It is like blackberry messenger or imessage but it lets you talk to anyone regardless of what type of phone they may have. So I can talk to people with the iPhone or a blackberry despite that I have an android.

I don't know how good it is but you should download it so we can talk and stuff. It also has group messaging.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I saw a similar app on the iPhone store that's very popular, and was hoping people would start moving towards this instead of BBM ;)

I'll have to check the name of the one I'm thinking of and read some reviews!
------
The one I was thinking of is called the WhatsApp messenger. Seems to be the same premise. Reviews in the App Store seem to say that WhatsApp is suffering a little from the jump to iOS 6 recently. So pingme looks worth trying I guess, and it is free!

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
If pingme sucks, we can switch but I haven't had any problems with it. Can people with a blackberry get whatsapp? The problem with bb is that they don't get very many apps that aren't complete shit.
------
Dan, if you get pingme and want to add me, look me up with my phone number

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
WhatsApp is great for Android users like me. It's pretty cool. My mom is in England right now and she can send me texts through WhatsApp without having to worry about fees and stuff. It actually works REALLY well for that as well, so it is definitely cross-country, too.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yeah. Any messenger that uses data is cross country. So is pingme. Does what's app have group messages? Not like group texts but where we created group and people join it. I know pingme does.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I had whatsapp once but I deleted it. Can't remember why. It was free but apparently they're charging for it now? That's what I heard anyways.

I will get pingme and see how it goes!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Everyone should get pingme. It works great! We can get the GF group chat crew back together again! I miss taking random pictures and sending them to the group :( If anyone gets pingme, just add me at my phone number.

Spoiled it to foil spambots

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Alright I'm on and I've added Smel and Iris. Anyone who has my number can add me, and any who need it can PM me! Seems like a very cool app.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I had whatsapp once but I deleted it. Can't remember why. It was free but apparently they're charging for it now? That's what I heard anyways.

I will get pingme and see how it goes!
Does anyone that has a Blackberry use pingme? Didn't work for me when I tried. I put in my number but it didn't send a verification code thingy, and when kevin tried to get it on his phone there was some error before he could even open the app. hm!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Do you haves have your blackberry OS's updated? When I was getting the programming, I forgot to put my area code when I typed in my number. Once I did it again with it added, I got the text with the code

Kevin's problem might be completely mental. He was probably born with the inability to use pingme. However, if that's not the case, it might be because blackberry sucks. I remember my blackberry would never work with most apps. You should both throw your blackberries in the garbage and get androids or iphones. Then pingme will work.

Otherwise, try uninstalling the program and starting over. Make sure your blackberries are up to date software wise.