Pimp My Tattoo

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
So, I've been meaning to get a tattoo for a while now - I actually have several planned. The problem is, I wanted to start them off with a certain tattoo - I want to get 'Chaos' done first.

Where do you come in? Well, I wanted to get it as a Chinese symbol, but I can't seem to find a reliable source, so what you guys can do is give me idea's; they can be symbols, the word Chaos in different fonts - basically, anything you think would be good as a representation of 'Chaos'.

If I see something I like, I might use it (or a variation of it). So, if there's anything you think is suitable, please, post here. :)

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
If you go in and see your local tattoo artist, they can generally tell you the correct chinese symbol for a word. My tattooist has a huge reference book full of them as they are really popular tattoos.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
That was the first place I went to to find out :lol: They did have a chinese dictionary/reference book, but they had about 12+ different versions of it, depending on the context, the dialect, whether it's the meaning, the word, or the name Chaos, etc.

Hence my dilemma.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
Can you seek out someone that actually speaks Chinese? That is your best bet. Try finding a Chinese language teacher at a high school or university.

I have to ask, though - why the Chinese lettering? Does the Chinese culture even have a special meaning to you? Or are you just going with the fad? As someone who is tattooed, I will only suggest to you to please go with something that really means a lot to you.

Happy tattoo time! :)

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I wanted Chinese because of three main reason's. One: it look's a whole lot better than plain English 'Chaos'. Two: I've always held that Chinese, as one of the oldest living langauges, is also one of the more mysterious and interesting. And three: I don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry asking me why I've got 'Chaos' tattooed on my shoulder every time they see it.

This tattoo is going to mean something to me personally. I want it to be personal. If I just got 'Chaos' in English, it would lose most of the appeal because everyone could just read it, and it'd lose the mystery and the meaning.

And no - I'm not just following a fad, and I'm not some noob who found a word he likes. :stare:

But thanks anyway! :lol:

Last edited:

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
I wanted Chinese because of three main reason's. One: it look's a whole lot better than plain English 'Chaos'. Two: I've always held that Chinese, as one of the oldest living langauges, is also one of the more mysterious and interesting. And three: I don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry asking me why I've got 'Chaos' tattooed on my shoulder every time they see it.

This tattoo is going to mean something to me personally. I want it to be personal. If I just got 'Chaos' in English, it would lose most of the appeal because everyone could just read it, and it'd lose the mystery and the meaning.

And no - I'm not just following a fad, and I'm not some noob who found a word he likes. :stare:

But thanks anyway! :lol:
I honestly wasn't saying you were a noob or something. I just know what's it like to get a tattoo spur of the moment, and then regret it. I also have no idea who you are really - your age, etc. I was only trying to help through my own experience! :)

I think everyone seeing it will just think it's cause of the fad, though. But if you don't mind that, then go for it. It's what floats your boat.

If you just want it to be kind of hidden, you can get the letters incorporated into the design so that they are only legible if you really look closely at the tattoo. Does that make sense? Like, you could get a illustrated representation of what the word means to you and have the word "chaos" hidden in there somewhere.

How big/elaborate do you want to go?

Again, no hard feelings. :)

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Don't worry, I didn't think you were calling me a noob :lol: I was just clarifying that up to help you get a better picture of why I want the tattoo done. :D But thanks for the help, don't get me wrong :lol:

I don't really care what other people think :lol: As long as they don't ask me stupid questions, and as long as it holds meaning for me, then I don't mind :lol:

It's not that I don't want people to see it - it's more that I want it to have meaning for me, and those I share that meaning with. That's the beauty of the Chinese lettering, see.

I was thinking about maybe an inch and a half, sqaure. That's with the Chinese symbol in mind though. If I got something else, then I'd have to rethink the size parameters. I want this, as my first one, to go on my left upper chest/shoulder, if you get what I mean.

Last edited:

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
People are always going to ask stupid questions about tattoos if they get the chance to see them. My tattoos are personal to me, they mean a lot to me, and I don't show them to just anyone in person because not everyone needs to know my story. I think Chaos is a great word to have writting in just plain old english as it is a powerful word with many meanings, but Imagine it a whole lot larger than you were talking about lol.

I always worry with any chinese or japanese lettering without talking to someone who actually writes the langauge. My father had his name written on something by a friend and when he took it to our actual Japanese speaking friend he informed us that the way it was written meant Dumb/Nerd Jim since the same word can be written with different meanings. lol

I think anything you really think about and know you want and plan well, you will be happy with =)