• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Pierzynki signs one year deal with Red Sox

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
When you thought you couldn't hate the Red Sox anymore, they decide to sign this guy..

“@Buster_ESPN: A.J. Pierzynski's one-year deal with Boston is for $8.25 million, pending a physical.”

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pierzynski and the Boston media that should be fun. Also, one of the most unlikeable teams gets one of the most hated player. Perfect fit.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, the Red Sox as always been my least favorite team. I hate Boston teams in general since most of their fans are a bunch of idiots.

Hiring Farrell just added to my hatred of the team, but not by much because I already hated them with a passion for that.

BobbyD_29

Bizzy said:
Yes, the Red Sox as always been my least favorite team. I hate Boston teams in general since most of their fans are a bunch of idiots.

Hiring Farrell just added to my hatred of the team, but not by much because I already hated them with a passion for that.
I've always found most Boston fans to be quite level-headed...even Bruins fans. Of course, I've been a Red Sox fan since the early 80s, so I might have a bias.

SoberJaysFan

Jays fans have always hated Red Sox and Yankees fans. But I think it used to be more hatred towards New York than Boston. That has changed over the past few years and now Boston is public enemy #1.
In my opinion, anyway.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
When you thought you couldn't hate the Red Sox anymore, they decide to sign this guy..

“@Buster_ESPN: A.J. Pierzynski's one-year deal with Boston is for $8.25 million, pending a physical.”
Well he'll fit in with anyone else who has a major ego and loves pissing people off, but to be fair he gets the job done.... even if it's not the way we all like it

StroShow

V.I.P.
BourneofDarkness15 said:
Dickey's Flow said:

Well he'll fit in with anyone else who has a major ego and loves pissing people off, but to be fair he gets the job done.... even if it's not the way we all like it
He's been solid over his career but I'm surprised anyone would give him 8.5 million dollars. He's 37 years old and he's a catcher...that doesn't really spell for success. Plus he's been showing signs of declining this past season. I really hope this comes back to haunt the Red Sox.

StroShow

V.I.P.
BourneofDarkness15 said:
I completely agree, the money is too high, especially for a catcher. I see them having him DH some too if he under performs,
Well they have David Ortiz as their DH so I don't see Pierzynski getting much time at that position unless Ortiz gets hurt. He should be their everyday catcher, with some time at first base while Napoli gives him a break behind the plate.