Pierced ears on guys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What do you think about guys with pierced ears? 50 years ago it wouldn't have flied. Now it's pretty normal.

If you are a guy do you have a pierced ear or ears? If not would you do it?

I personally don't think I would. I don't mind it when other people do it but I don't like the idea of regretting it later and having a mark there.

Now these are something entirely different. I don't know what this is called but you can see there is a penny size hole in this guys ear.

[​IMG]

Again, I don't mind it if other people do it but I am pretty sure I would regret having a hole that big in my ear or ears.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I think it's very unattractive to see a guy wearing earrings. Just my opinion of course, but it seems kind of outdated.
    The whole ear gauge and stretching out your ear lobe is just incredibly strange, and I have no idea why someone would do that to themselves.

3. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

fist off thats called gauging... and i have my left ear piericed twice. i have gauged both holes to a size 8. the smaller the number the bigger tha hole. idesay his is about a negative 2. the holes in my ear are about the size of a pencil lead.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Um, posts I can deal with, little hoops I can deal with. Big ole holes - no. Rings up in the cartilage not even on woman much less a man. And it looks like he's got a beard too which I'm not found of lol

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Doesn't that hurt quite a bit Zach? It seems to be more and more popular but I have to imagine it doesn't feel very good.

You going to make yours bigger or are you sticking with 8?

Based on how you described it it sounds like 2 is much bigger than an 8. I'm pretty sure that HAS to hurt.

6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I don't have any, but I'd like to know what the gauging movement is all about. Is it like the tribal tattoo fad or does it have more meaning?

7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'm probably going to regret asking this but do they stretch it from a small hole or just punch out a big one?

8. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

ya it hurts... i want 2 go bigger... maybe a doubble zero (about the the thickness of a pen)

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Hey! :mad:

I'll never get any piercings. I'm just not a fan of putting extra holes in my body for style. I don't think it looks good either.

10. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

no meaning in general but im sure every1 has their own reason for doing it