Piece of ID

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, May 9, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was reading on another forum, and this guy mentioned that he doesn't always bring his piece of ID with him when he leaves his house. Personally when I go out that door I bring it with me, doesn't matter if I'm not driving. I think it's very important to have, because you never know when you might need it.

So how about you guys? Do you bring it everywhere you go?

2. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

It's always in my wallet, I never know when I might need to buy booze. I pretty much leave all my important cards in my wallet and I don't leave home without it.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

It's in my purse so I always have it with me unless I'm going some place where I don't need to take a bag.

In terms of using it for buying alcohol, I never need to use ID at night here in Leeds but I'm so use to taking it out with me that I always bring it anyway, just in case.

I take my student ID with me most places too, for discount. :D

4. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Same here. I don't leave home without it. Anything could come up during the day where you might need it, like a road block or anything really. I also know people who don't carry it with them all the time. That really baffles me though.

I think I have forgotten it once when I changed handbags and never put it in my other handbag. My whole day seemed "offish".

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Ever since I started driving I've always been bringing ID with me no matter what, it's just a good habit to get into.

A lot of people don't realize that if you look suspicious the police have the right to talk to you, an ID card can be fairly useful in that situation sometimes.

6. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

Never leave home without it. Needed everywhere for me.

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I never EVER leave home without it... Unless I am going to a restaurant and might want a glass of wine or a cocktail.. It seems like I always forget it then. I have no idea why.. I'll grab my money and my purse yet it seems like every time I am going out to dinner my ID is in the pocket of the last pair of pants I wore. Which of course, I look too young so I always get IDed and then I am screwed..

Other than that rare occasion it never fails that I have it with me.

8. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I never ever take it with me. I don't need to and it's not required here.
    I only take it when driving.

9. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It seems weird to me that you guys take it everywhere with you. Mine is with me if I am driving, or have my purse with me, 'cause it's kept in there, but otherwise it's not with me. It's not a law to carry it on me at all times, so I really don't see why I should.

10. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

I don't.

In fact, I often leave my cellphone at home as well. Because then if I had my ID people might attempt to encourage me to drink, purchase for a minor, or do something else I don't want to do. "Sorry guys, left my ID at home." There are times I have driven without it as well, but not on purpose.