• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pie

Dabs

Registered Member
For desserts, pie has taken over the first choice over cake, in a dessert, well...for most peeps anyway. Do you like pie? If so, what would be your favorite kind? A chocolate cream pie- a coconut cream pie- apple pie- cherry pie-blueberry pie- mincemeat pie- rhubarb pie- peach pie- lemon meringue pie? So many pies to choose from, and I do like a piece of pie occasionally, my favorite is the coconut cream :) What is yours?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've never understood the appeal of pie. Pie crust is nowhere near tasty enough to justify the fat and calories in it. Pie filling is ok depending on what it is, but I much prefer apple crisp over apple pie. As far as other types of pie, beurk. Apples are the only fruit that should be eaten warm; cherries and peaches, gross. Pumpkin pie is about the most disgusting food ever to pass as a dessert, except for pecan pie which is just a step above head cheese.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Key lime pie and cherry pie are my favorites. Blueberry pie is awesome. Apple is ok.

Edit: Forgot pumpkin pie. Love it.

qweerblue

Registered Member
I only recently discovered that I can tolerate certain pies. I avoided them my whole life because I cannot abide cooked fruit--oh, lawsy, I get squeamish thinking of it...

But one day someone said to me, "But what about chocolate cream pie? There's no fruit in that."

Well, duh. There isn't. And so I tried a slice, and it was ok. That led me to be more daring and to try Banana Cream and Coconut Cream pies, and I also enjoyed those, somewhat. I've tried Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie, and I'm with Di--no, thanks.

Anyway.

I'll take a doughnut ;)

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I never have pie as dessert, can't think of more than a handful that I've ever tried. Much prefer cake, or savoury pie. I do want to try key lime pie though, as most people seem to love it.

Impact

V.I.P.
I can't really think of any desert pies that I like all that much and I think i've only tried a handful. I guess apple pie is okay. I much prefer savoury pies though.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Chicken and vegetable pie is the best. The thing with me is that I never eat the top. I take it off, eat the filling and then sometimes eat the edge of the pie but sometimes I'll just leave it on the plate. I'd be better off eating a chicken casserole or something.

Other than that I suppose apple pies are OK. I'm really not that fussed, though.

Dabs

Registered Member
Chicken and vegetable pie is the best. The thing with me is that I never eat the top. I take it off, eat the filling and then sometimes eat the edge of the pie but sometimes I'll just leave it on the plate. I'd be better off eating a chicken casserole or something.

Other than that I suppose apple pies are OK. I'm really not that fussed, though.

I forgot about adding the homemade dinner pies! A homemade chicken pot pie is delicious, I used to make those all the time. They were thick and full of veggies, nobody could really taste them, so they got eaten, and there were chunks of chicken. I loved my pie crust the best, so flaky. Damn, makes me want to make one!